Minimum group size: 2 pax
The 9-day trekking tour in Kyrgyzstan is an unforgettable journey through the mountains, valleys and villages of the Tian Shan Range. Join hikers from around the world on this guided group tour to discover glaciers, waterfalls, rivers, wildlife and bands of shepherds as you hike through Ukok Valley, Tuura-Beshik, Sary-Bel Pass and Jety Oguz Valley. You’ll experience local culture as you stay with families, overnight in yurts and visit the famous Chon-Kemin Valley. In addition to hiking you will visit historical sites in Bishkek and beautiful Karakol, learn about felt making in Kochkor village and see the medieval Burana Tower.
Altitudes above sea level during the day: beginning of day – 800 meters in Bishkek, end of the day – 1800m in Kochkor village.
Trekking time during the day about 5-6 hours
Distance is about 16 km
Altitudes above sea level during the day: beginning of day – 1800m in Kochkor village, highest point – 3110m at Kichi Ukok pass, end of the day –3060 m in Ukok Lake.
Altitude difference during the trek is +1164 m first half and -50m second half.
Trekking time during the day about 3-4 hours
Distance is about 11 km
Altitudes above sea level during the day: beginning of day – 3060 m in Ukok Lake, highest point – 3519m at Ukok Pass, end of the day – 3572 m in the tent camp.
Altitude difference during the trek is +459 m first half, descent from the pass to 3149m -370m and +423m second half.
Trekking time during the day about 4-5 hours
Distance is about 17 km
Altitudes above sea level during the day: beginning of day – 3572 m in the tent camp Mazar Ukok, highest point – 3860m at Sary Bel pass, end of the day – 2670 m in Taldy gorge.
Altitude difference during the trek is +480 m first half and -960m second half.
Trekking time during the day about 2-3 hours
Distance is about 9 km
Altitudes above sea level during the day: beginning of day – 2670 m in Taldy gorge, end of the day – 1600 m in Issyk-Kul Lake.
Altitudes above sea level during the day: beginning of day – 1600m in Issyk-Kul lake, end of the day – 1700m in Karakol.
Altitudes above sea level during the day: start point - 1700m in Karakol, end of day – 1800 m in Chon-Kemin.
Altitudes above sea level during the day: beginning of day – 1600 m in Chon-Kemin, 800 m in Bishkek.
- Transport for all excursions and transfers according to the program;
- English speaking escorting guide;
- Double/Twin room accommodation in the hotels and family guesthouses;
- Four people accommodation yurt camp;
- Meal as indicated each day;
- Mineral water during the tour (one liter a day per person);
- Trekking personal (cook, horsemen) during treks;
- Trekking equipment (tents, kitchen etc.);
- Horses for carrying trekking equipment and luggage;
- Entrance fees.
- Early arrival night in Bishkek;
- Single tent supplement;
- Visa cost;
- Full board;
- PCR Test;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Flight tickets;
- Alcohol and soft drinks;
- Folklore show in Bishkek.
- Single supplement (available in Bishkek only) 68 USD per person per night.
- Early arrival night in Bishkek is 64 USD per double room.
- Single tent supplement; 12 USD per person.
- Folklore show in Bishkek during the dinner is 80 USD for the group.
Down jacket, warm sweater, silk sleeping bag liner, rain gear (waterproof trousers should have an opening on the outside at the bottom of the leg in order to put on and take off without removing your trekking boots), 2-3 pairs of warm socks, waterproof trekking boots, gloves, sunglasses, sun cream with high UV-protection, lip balm with UV-protection, horse chaps and safety horse riding helmets.
If you have some specific sicknesses, you need to bring own first aid kit with necessary medicaments.
Responsibilities of clients
Your clients should recognize and accept the risk that circumstances may arise which would cause some activities to be shortened or eliminated altogether without reimbursement or refund. Such circumstance includes weather conditions, earthquakes and other acts of nature, injuries or other medical problems, which they may experience. However, you recognize and accept that none of the eventualities described above will give you a right to a refund or other forms of reimbursement.
- The price is given based on 3 star’s hotel accommodation in Bishkek. We can change it for hotels with higher level upon request for additional payment.
- Please keep in mind that people in the countryside do not stick to time and can be late for 20-30 minutes. So, it may not always be on time according to the itinerary, especially when local people cook and serve food or organize horses for riding.
- People in Kyrgyzstan are very friendly and like to take pictures. But please do ask for permission if you take a picture of old people, mosques, churches, funerals etc. or in countryside as people may be offended.
- The same tour program can be organized for another date upon request or for individual groups with the same conditions and same price.
Dates & Prices
Group size: 2-9 persons
Please note that itinerary and prices are subject to change due to airline and train schedule changes, currency fluctuations and other unforeseeable events.