Group size: min. 2 people. Age limit - 14+. Children under 14 years must be accompanied by adults.
A water trip down the middle part of the Katun river is not only a crazy rowing and exquisite feelings when passing the rapids, but also fishing in the halts, the beauty of the nature of Mountain Altai and a chance to enjoy active rest in the wildness without unnecessary pressure and hardships, a journey to the lost world!
Arrival dates: May 5 (period of "Blooming Maralnik". Maralnik is a mountain rose, or Ledum, or Altai cherry tree, Rhododendron Ledeburii - the plant has many names. It is a symbol of the coming spring. When sakura blossoms in Japan, the slopes of the Altai mountains are covered with lilac carpet of a mountain rhododendron. Fotostops are planned exactly in those places where this miracle of nature is best presented, so that photographers have an excellent opportunity to take unique photographs of blooming mountains), June 23, July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28 , August 11, August 18, August 25, September 1, September 8, September 15 (Sky Blue Katun: in the autumn the water of the mountain river Katun becomes unusually turquoise in color with golden mountains on the background. Greenish sandstone and clear water without impurities and sediment with mainly spring feed causes this unique phenomenon).
: Barnaul – Belokurikha – Solonovka – Soloneshnoye – Iskra
Meeting in Barnaul
. Transfer Barnaul - Belokurikha
- Solonovka (280 km). Visit to a private goat farm and cheese factory, where more than 20 varieties of cheese are produces from goat and cow's milk, as well as Altaian sweets. If you wish, you can buy cheeses you liked. Transfer Solonovka - Soloneshnoye (65 km). Excursion to the Soloneshensky Local History Museum (entrance ticket), which presents the detailed history of the archaeological site "Denisova Cave", the culture of the Russian (Old Believers) and the Altai peoples. Transfer Soloneshnoye - Iskra (20 km). Accommodation in a tourist complex, near the enclosure for marals. Dinner. Optional: pants' bath taking. Pants' (nonossified antlers of marals) bath is a healing procedure where an aqueous extract from the boiled pants is used (at additional charge from 1200 rub./person).
: Iskra – Denisova Cave – Chibit
Breakfast. Transfer Iskra - Denisova Cave (35 km) - the unique archeological site acknowledged worldwide, it is the place where the fossil finger of an ancient human was found. This ancient human (the Denisov man) belongs to a peculiar branch of evolution, different from Neanderthal and modern people. Transfer Denisova cave - Chibit (350 km) through the pass Keleisky (1313 m), Yabogansky (1492 m) along the Bashchelak Ridge through the Ust-Kansk hollow towards the famous Chuysky tract. Further along the Chuysky tract, up the Katun and Chuya rivers to the Kuraiskaya Steppe. The history of the tract stretches back through centuries, when it was a pack road, a branch of the Great Silk Road, a "Chinese path". The Chuysky tract is included in the TOP-10 of the best roads in the world according to National Geographic. On the way we cross one of the biggest passes - Chike-Taman Pass (1460 m), which in Altaian language means ‘Straight foot’. The pass has been known since 10th century. Now it is an abrupt serpentine road with the view point on the top. From 1996 the pass has got a status of the natural monument of the Altai Republic. Accommodation in a tourist complex. Dinner.
Breakfast. Excursion to Kyzyl-Chin, which tourists called Mars (80+80 km). On the way – photostop near North-Chuysky Range. Walking along the Martian mountains and the canyons of the Kyzyl-Chin Stream. The multi-colored clays on the surface create the sensation of another planet. Excursion to Geyser Lake - the unique one, rare in its beauty and cleanness. It does not freeze even in winter. It always looks like an "Earth eye" of an amazing turquoise color. On the mirror of the lake, you can see the streaks of round and oval shape, which are essentially a reflection of the processes occurring at the bottom of the lake, where the "geysers" spring to life, throwing out a mixture of bluish clay and sand. Dinner.
: Chibit – Chui-Oozy – Bolshoi Yaloman River
Breakfast. Transfer Chibit - Chui-Oozy (70 km). We make a stop at Kalbak-Tash mountain area and see the petroglyphic drawings (about 500 complexes, more than 5 thousands pictures). They had been made during the period from the New Stone Age to Turkic Age. The monument is situated on the right bank of the river Chuya. Visit to the Historical and cultural complex Chui-Oozy, possibility to test Altaian traditional cuisine (optional at extra cost - kaan - blood sausage, kurut - cheese, boorsaki). Photostop in the Northern part of geopark "Altai", Chui-Oozy - the confluence of the biggest Altai rivers Chuya and Katun. Transfer to the starting point of rafting tour (25 km) - outflow of the Bolshoi Yaloman river. Accommodation in tents, dinner - field kitchen. Preparing boats for rafting. Fitting personal equipment: life vests, wet suits and helmets. Safety orientation and guidance on actions on the water.
: Bolshoi Yaloman River – Katun River – Kemikapchan Creek
Breakfast - field kitchen. Rafting down the Katun river, passing the rapid Ilgumensky (3-4 category of complexity), "Kadrinskaya Truba" (3-4 cc). Lunch - snacks. Passing the rapid "Shabash" (5-4 cc) with safeguarding. Passing two more beautiful rapids "Kayancha-1" and "Kayancha-2". Stop overnight on the right bank in a pine forest at the outflow of the Kemikapchan creek. Dinner - field kitchen. Walk towards the rock paintings - petroglyphs. Bath (optional, extra fee).
: Kemikapchan Creek – Edigan River – Barnaul
Breakfast - field kitchen. Passing the rapid "Ailinsky" (3 cc) with a large funnel and rollers. Then the nature of the river becomes calmer. Photostop at Belter-Tuyuk waterfall. Lunch. Rafting to the outflow of the Edigan river. Transfer to Barnaul (400 km). Dinner. End of the program in 20 hours.
- The Agency reserves the right to change the schedule with no changes in the volume of service provided. The duration of individual elements of tour program may change on the eve of departure and during the course of the tour. In case of the bad weather and climate conditions and due to circumstances beyond the control of the organizer (road, local administration services, etc.), the elements of the tour program can be excluded, based on the actual situation on the route.
- In case the tourist is being late or does not appear at a scheduled time and a place for the group gathering, the Agency is not responsible for the full implementation of the schedule and no costs of this tour day are refunded. Attention! When visiting active monasteries and temples, women should avoid wearing trousers and shorts. A headdress is required.
- Recommended clothing: A set of outfits for leisure and travel, a windproof and waterproof jacket, a warm sweater, two pairs of comfortable shoes, lightweight slippers for hotels, sun protection (cream, glasses, headdress), personal hygiene items.
There may be ticks and snakes in those areas where the tour will be carried out. So we strongly recommend to observe safety measures and to ensure anti-tick protection. We recommend you to have tickicide repellents (creams, sprays), however there were no incidents of tourists catch tick-borne encephalitis in the last years in our company.
Enclosure for marals "Iskra" (shared facilities on each floor)
Tourist complex "Kochevnik" (en suit)
- Transport services from Barnaul during the whole tour on a comfortable bus;
- Accommodation in DBL/TRPL room: standard room with private facilities (shower, WC);
- Food - breakfasts and dinners plus field kitchen lunches;
- Rental of equipment;
- Excursions according to the programme;
- Museum entrance tickets (150-350 rub/person);
- Recreation fee (100-150 rub/person);
- Chair lift (450-500 rub/person);
- Aquacenter (from 1000 rub/person);
- Russian sauna (from 500 rub/hour);
- Additional food (lunches except the field lunches);
- Additional excursions (from 500 rub/person);
- Private expenses.