Classic St. Petersburg Tour 2022 is a close-up look at the world-renowned palaces, museums, cathedrals and fortresses for which Russia’s northern capital has long been famous. Come prepared to enjoy culture at its finest as you discover the symbolism of Kazan Cathedral, tour the resplendent Winter Palace, wander royal gardens at Peterhof and admire Rembrandt and da Vinci originals on this in-depth St. Petersburg tour.
This morning we will set out on an in-depth tour of St. Petersburg, making stops at St. Isaac’s Square, Field of Mars, Winter Palace, Neva Embankments and more. We will then continue with a tour of the interior of Kazan Cathedral before ending our excursion with a visit to Peter and Paul Fortress, the historic core of the city.
We will spend much of the day touring the world-renowned State Hermitage Museum (main building), one of the largest galleries in the world. Its priceless exhibits amount to over three million items, including the largest collection of paintings in the world. Among the treasures of the Hermitage which we will see today are works by Leonardo da Vinci, Rafael, Titian, Michelangelo and Rembrandt.
Enjoy a leisure day to explore the city on your own or shop for souvenirs.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: Suburbs of St. Petersburg Guided Tour
We recommend this optional tour to the majestic summer residences of Russian emperors Catherine I and Peter the Great. In the morning we will go to the town of Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin) to visit the spectacular Catherine Palace with its famous Golden Enfilade, including the unique Amber Room. We will then continue to Peterhof, the royal residence of Peter the Great located along the Gulf of Finland. Wander its beautiful parks, enjoying the majestic waterfalls and elegant gardens adorned with classical statues
- Accommodation: 4 nights at the 4-star Ambassador Hotel or equivalent;
- Buffet breakfast in hotel on Days 2-5;
- Arrival and departure transfers;
- Guided tours in English for city tour, Kazan Cathedral, Peter and Paul Fortress and Hermitage Museum;
- Transportation for all tours and transfers;
- Entry fees to museums per itinerary.
- Tour leader to accompany travellers for the full duration of the tour;
- Lunches and dinners;
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Consular fees for Russian tourist visa;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Travel insurance;
Note: The final program and cost could change due to COVID protocols enforced during your scheduled tour (including group size restrictions on museum visits and transport, restrictions on restaurant operations, etc).