Russian Metropolises Tour 2022 is the ideal way to experience the dazzle of Moscow and the culture of sunny St. Petersburg, rightly known as the Venice of the North. Guided tours of Moscow Kremlin, Kazan Cathedral, Peter and Paul Fortress and other must-see sites will take you beyond the surface of these national gems, while built-in leisure time gives you the freedom to create your own unique memories in both cities.
Today we will get acquainted with Moscow, the capital of Russia, on a panoramic sightseeing tour. We will drive along the main streets and squares, stopping for photos at famous picturesque sites including Red Square, Bolshoi Theatre, St. Basil Cathedral and Lubyanka Building, better known as the former KGB headquarters. Admire the exterior of the beautiful Novodevichy Convent and visit the famous Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, which has a tragic history of its own. Afterwards we will head underground for a fascinating trip on the Moscow Metro. Counted among the most beautiful metros in the world, its stations have been likened to palace halls. We will end our tour with a walk along the famous Arbat Street, one of the oldest boulevards in the city which remains a cultural and tourist centre of Moscow even today.
We will spend the day exploring the historical and political centre of Moscow, the Kremlin. During our tour of this impressive ancient citadel, we will visit one of its cathedrals and see Grand Kremlin Palace, Tsar Bell and Tsar Cannon.
Leisure time in the morning before transferring to the train station to take the high-speed Sapsan train to St. Petersburg (duration: 3.5-4 hours). Upon arrival to the cultural capital of Russia, transfer to the hotel for check-in. Free time for remainder of the day.
This morning we will set out on an in-depth tour of St. Petersburg, making stops at St. Isaac’s Square, Field of Mars, Winter Palace, Neva Embankments and more. We will then continue with a tour of the interior of Kazan Cathedral before ending our excursion with a visit to Peter and Paul Fortress, the historic core of the city.
Enjoy a leisure day to explore the city on your own or shop for souvenirs.
OPTIONAL: We suggest a visit to the world-renowned State Hermitage Museum, one of the largest galleries in the world. Its priceless exhibits amount to over three million items, including the largest collection of paintings in the world. Among the treasures you can see are works by Leonardo da Vinci, Rafael, Titian, Michelangelo and Rembrandt.
- Accommodation: 3 nights at the 4-star Holiday Inn Moscow Lesnaya or equivalent (Moscow); 3 nights at the 4-star Ambassador Hotel or equivalent (St. Petersburg);
- Buffet breakfast in hotels on Days 2-7;
- Arrival and departure transfers;
- Guided tours in English in Moscow: city tour, Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, Metro, Arbat Street and Kremlin;
- Guided tours in English in St. Petersburg: city tour, Kazan Cathedral, Peter and Paul Fortress;
- Transportation for all tours and transfers;
- Entry fees to museums per itinerary;
- Train ticket from Moscow- St. Petersburg, standard class.
- Tour leader to accompany travellers for full duration of the tour;
- Lunches and dinners;
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Consular fees for Russian tourist visa;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Travel insurance;
Note: The final program and cost could change due to COVID protocols enforced during your scheduled tour (including group size restrictions on museum visits and transport, restrictions on restaurant operations, etc).