Take a magical journey to the stars with the Uzbekistan Astronomical Tour. Start with the Tashkent Planetarium and the Museum of Astronomy, and learn about the modern astronomical activities of Uzbekistan. Day two is a trip to Samarkand, and a dive into the history of astronomy in Central Asia. Though the tour visits many of the main sights in Samarkand (including Registan Square and Bibi Khanum Mosque), the center of the tour is Ulugbek’s Observatory, which was one of the most important observatories of the day, and made a number of important discoveries and calculations. Finish up the tour with a walk through the museum at the observatory and visit a shop that shows traditional textiles with patterns that are tied to the space and galaxies. The Astronomical Tour is the best tour to discover Uzbekistan’s long scientific heritage and visit the places and people that made it all happen.
After you will visit Planetarium to watch the sky and the planets, the meteors, black holes, comets of various sizes, the stars and twelve signs of the zodiac. In the afternoon continue sightseeing. Visit to Museum of Astronomy at Astronomical Institute. There are telescopes, octant, reflector and marine chronometer at the museum. You will have a chance to watch the sun at the Observatory. After dinner, drive back to the Observatory to enjoy the stars at night. Overnight at the hotel.
Back to the railway station at 16:30. The train departs from Samarkand at 17:00 and arrives in Tashkent at 19:10. Transfer to the hotel. End of the tour.
- Train station transfers 1-3 pax by sedan type car; other transfers 3-7 pax by van type car;
- Sightseeing tour program in each city with local guides;
- Transport to/from the train station and throughout the tour;
- Economy-class tickets for train Tashkent-Samarkand-Tashkent.
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Accommodation in Tashkent;
- Visa support for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Travel insurance.