Samarkand and Bukhara Group Tour from Almaty is the perfect opportunity to see two of the most inspiring cities of the Great Silk Road. Leave the busy streets of Almaty, Kazakhstan behind as you hop on a plane and find yourself in legendary Samarkand, Uzbekistan in less than two hours’ time. Spend the next four days experiencing the sights, sounds and tastes of Samarkand and Bukhara, which are as unique from one another as they are ancient.
This small group tour is very well-paced, offering speedy transport on Uzbekistan’s famous bullet train and an award-winning local airline so as to maximize your time at each historical and cultural site. Each day you will enjoy a guided tour of the cities’ famous and lesser-known attractions, including Registan, Ulugbek Observatory, Siab Bazaar, Kalyan Minaret and more.
12:00: Your guide and driver will meet you at the airport to take you to a local teahouse for a pilaf lunch.
Samarkand pilaf, which is famous for the way in which its ingredients are uniquely layered, remains a favorite with local and international tourists.
14:00: Check-in at the hotel.
16:00: Begin your tour of Samarkand at Bibi Khanum Mosque, built in honor of the beloved wife of Amir Timur, Samarkand’s famous 14th-century ruler. Continue to the exquisite Shakhi-Zinda Necropolis, where a cousin of the Prophet Muhammad, Kusam Ibn Abbas, is buried in the main tomb.
End the day at Registan, the main historical site of Samarkand which consists of a square surrounded on 3 sides by majestic madrasahs whose portals face the plaza. Each of the three buildings has its own unique design.
After dinner, return to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel in Samarkand.
Tour duration: approximately 4 hours
The tour includes Lyabi-Hauz Complex, Magoki-Attori Mosque, Chor-Minor Madrasah, Trade Domes, Kalyan Minaret and Mosque, Miri-Arab Madrasah, Ulugbek Madrasah, Abdulazizkhan Madrasah, Ark Fortress, Bolo-Khauz Mosque, Samanids Mausoleum and Chashma Ayub Mausoleum.
Overnight at the hotel in Bukhara.
Tour duration: 6-7 hours
Continue to Mausoleum of Bakhautdin Naqshbandi, the founder of the Naqshbandi Sufi Order, and to Chor-Bakr Necropolis, where the Juybar Sufi sheikhs are buried.
Transfer to the railway station at 14:40 to catch the Afrosiyob train to Samarkand, departing at 15:52 and arriving at 17:25. Your driver will meet you at the station for transfer to the hotel.
Overnight at the hotel in Samarkand.
Tour duration: 3-4 hours
At 15:45, transfer to the airport for flight KC 122 to Almaty, departing at 17:45 and arriving at 20:10 (1hr, 25min). End of Samarkand and Bukhara Group Tour from Almaty.
Tour duration: 4-5 hours
- Airport and train station transfers (1-2 people in sedan; 3-7 people in minivan; 8-13 people in a 30-seater bus; 14+ people in a 45-seater bus);
- Accommodation in a double/twin room with breakfast (3 nights);
- Guided tours in Samarkand and/or Bukhara each day;
- Entrance fees to all sites listed in the program;
- Economy-class tickets for Samarkand-Bukhara-Samarkand trains (in rare cases when the high-speed train is unavailable, we will replace it with 1st-class seats on the regular train).
- Tour guide to accompany travelers for the full duration of the tour;
- Round-trip airline tickets from Almaty to Samarkand;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Travel insurance.
|Bukhara - 1 night|
|Bibikhanum or similar|
|Samarkand - 2 nights|
|Platan or similar|