Besides the vibrant blue domes, millennia-old sites, kind weather, unique hospitality, and hearty flavors, there is a beating heart and lively soul at the core of the ancient Silk Road.
After years of traveling, working, and exploring my favorite country on the planet, I have put together an itinerary featuring all my favorite things about Uzbekistan! On this unique journey, we will visit mosques, museums, madrassas, and cities, but most importantly, we will meet the people of Uzbekistan. These are the individuals who make this place so unique, carry centuries-old traditions, and show with love and passion the art and beauty of a country that will take your breath away and make you dream of ancient caravanserais, spice routes, and nights in the desert.
During this tour, we will deeply immerse ourselves in traditions, art and crafts, local costumes, food, and everyday life. We will meet local people, talk to them, and get to know the country from its very heart. We will choose to stay in family-run, small guesthouses and hotels, eat in people's homes or in small cafes, as well as in well-known local restaurants.
We will travel on the road to see the country meter by meter, get lost in cities, go shopping in local bazaars, and hike in the peace of the pristine, lush nature of the mountains and valleys.
A small group will allow us to do this and much more in an easy and low-impact way for the local people and the environment. We will not try to squeeze in as much as we can, but we will allow time to slow down, immerse ourselves as much as possible in the place and its past and present, take opportunities when they come, and change plans when needed. We will go with the flow without skipping the main sightseeing places.
Inclusions: B, LG all-day, ceramist workshop, entrance to the TV tower, Khast Imam, Metro, private transport
Inclusions: B, L, D, LG full-day, visit to Konigil area and Afghan-Uzbek carpet factory, train ticket, private transport
Inclusions: B, LG half-day, entrances to Registan Square, Bibi Khanum mosque, Shah-I-Zinda complex, Gur Emir, Bagizagan winery, private transport
Inclusions: B, D, cooking experience, private transport
Inclusions: B, L, D, hiking guide, private transport if needed
Inclusions: B, public transport
Inclusions: B, L, entrances to Samanid Mausoleum, Ark citadel, Bolohvuz mosque, Kalyan Mosque, LG Full day
Inclusions: B, train ticket, private transport
Inclusions: B, private transport
- All transfers: 8-14 pax by 30 seat bus;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each city with local guides (Days 2,3,4, 6 and 8);
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Tickets for trains Tashkent- Samarkand and Bukhara -Tashkent;
- Wine tasting at Bagizagan winery;
- Full board on Day 3 and Day 6, dinner on Day 5, lunch on Day 8.
- Tour leader from Advantour to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Visa support for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- Consular fees for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Travel insurance;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated.
|Tashkent - 3 nights|
|Ateca, Navruz, Moderno, Praga, Milan|
|Samarkand - 2 nights|
|Gur Emir Palace, Jakhongir Premium, Silk Road Empire, Bibikhanum, City, Asia Samarkand, Usman|
|Bukhara - 2 nights|
|Minzifa, K.Komil, Bibikhanum, Amulet, As-Salom, Fatima, Kavsar or similar|
|Nurata Mountains - 2 nights|
|Yahshigul guesthouse at Ashraf, Khayot guesthouse at Yangi Hayot and Rahima Guesthouse at Sentyab|