Travel to Termez – the remote city in the south of Uzbekistan, located on the right bank of Amudarya River, natural border between Uzbekistan and Afghanistan. During this 2-Day cultural tour you will visit archaeological sites of centuries old Buddhist monastery complexes, see impressive Islamic heritage of the region, and enjoy the views of Surkhan Oasis.
Day 1: Dushanbe – Sariosiyo BP – Termez
Depart Dushanbe and transfer to Uzbek-Tajik border “Sariosiyo”. (80 km, 2h.*). Border formalities. On Uzbekistan side you will be met by your driver and guide. Transfer to Termez (180km, 3h*). Check in to the hotel. Lunch. In the afternoon start sightseeing in ancient Buddhist center and one of the oldest cities in Central Asia – Termez. Visit Archaeology Museum to explore exhibits discovered on the territory of Termez and its surroundings. Visit Kokildor-Ota Khanaka, Fortress Kirk Kiz – a summer residence of Samani rulers, Sultan Saodat Ensemble, and Zurmal Tower – Buddha's stupa. Continue to Buddhist archaeological sites of Karatepa*, Fayaztepa and Mausoleum of Al-Hakim at-Termezi.
Free time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
*Visit to Karatepa is subject to approval by the State Border Committee.
Day 2: Termez – Sariosiyo BP – Dushanbe
Check-out from the hotel till noon. Continue guided tour in Termez. Drive north-east to see Kampir Tepe – Greco-Bactrian Kingdom fortress (35 km, 1 h.). Then visit Jarkurgan Minaret (30 km, 50 min.). Drive back to Termez, on the way enjoy views of Surkhan oasis and Friendship Bridge, which connects Uzbekistan and Afghanistan. In the afternoon drive to Uzbek–Tajik border (180 km, 3h.*). Meeting at Uzbek-Tajik border “Sariosiyo”. Transfer to Dushanbe (80 km, 2h.*). End of the tour.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 6-7 hours
|City||Hotel||Number of nights|
|Number of travellers||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Price per person, (USD)||440||285||280||275||260||250|
*Single supplement 15 USD
- All transfers (including Dushanbe-Sariosiyo-Dushanbe): 1-2 pax by 1 sedan type car; 3-6 pax by van;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program with local guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Visa support for Uzbekistan tourist visa.
Price does not include:
- Consular fees for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance.