Turkmenistan Visa Requirements
In general all foreign nationals are required to have a visa to enter the Republic of Turkmenistan. Tourist visa is issued by the Immigration Service of the Republic of Turkmenistan on the basis of application from a licensed travel agency in Turkmenistan. The approval period usually varies between 3 - 4 weeks. The Immigration Service reserves the right to deny a visa application without any explanations. Approved visa application is faxed directly to the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Turkmenistan in the country where the traveler will receive visa.
Turkmenistan Visa Support Conditions
Turkmenistan Visa Support is inclusive to the travel services package, which embrace:
1. Visa support letter;
2. Entry Travel Pass;
3. Registration in Immigration Department;
4. Meeting at the border;
5. Hotel accommodation to the choice;
6. Accompanying guide.
Visa will cost from $50 to $150 to the receiver depending on the length of your stay, number of entries and urgency. The fee is paid at the embassy with the visa application.
Please send us query for Turkmenistan visa support with the following information:
1. Color copy of valid international passport (full page that clearly shows all text, photo, signature and bar code);
2. One recent color passport-size photo;
3. Marital status (single, married, divorced, widowed)
4. Duration of stay (from/until);
5. Number of entries
6. Point of entrance and exit in Turkmenistan
7. Full name and date of birth of spouse
8. Full name(s) and date(s) of birth of child(ren)
9. Home address (full address of permanent residence; not the address of temporary residence)
10. Name of educational institute (name of institute of last/highest educational certification)
11. Place of institute (place and country)
12. Field of study (department, faculty, field/direction/specialization, for example medicine, economics, engineering, linguistics, management, history, law)
13. Work position (position/function/title of current job, for example economist, engineer, medical doctor, retired, housewife, student)
14. Place of work (name and place of work and address)
15. Place of obtaining Turkmenistan visa (embassy and name of city, or on arrival at land border or airport)
16. Previous visits to Turkmenistan (year, month and purpose)
Scanned copies should be made only from original documents and send in e-mail attachment in JPEG or PDF format, high-definition and file size minimum 250 KB.
Images from camera/mobile phone are not acceptable.
Where to apply for Turmenistan Visa?
Tourists may apply for a visa at any Turkmenistan embassy or consulate abroad or obtain it directly at the Turkmen land border at Farab (Bukhara, Uzbekistan), Shavat (Khiva, Uzbekistan), Khojeyli (Nukus, Uzbekistan); Gaudan (Bajgiran/Mashhad, Iran), Bekdash (Aktau, Kazakhstan). Visa is not issued at the land borders of Serakhs (Iran), Serhetabat (Afghanistan) and Turkmenbashi (the Caspian Sea Port).
Turkmenistan Visa Application Requirements:
1. Two completed visa applications;
2. Valid passport and its copy. Passport must have at least six months validity period from the day of entrance to Turkmenistan;
3. Two passport size photos glued to the applications;
4. Visa fee;
5. Approved tourist visa support letter;
6. Stamped, self-addressed envelope, if the embassy agreed to serve by post.
Turkmenistan Transit Visa:
Transit visa for Turkmenistan you may obtain without LOI. It is available at all Turkmenistan Consulates upon presentation of valid onward visas or relevant ticketing where applicable. No transit visa is available at any Turkmenistan border points including Ashgabat airport.
Kindly be advised that Turkmenistan authorities have tightened visa regulations and have been quite strict lately with issuing letters of invitation. We encourage applying for it as early as Turkmenistan law permits (3 months prior to the date of exit from Turkmenistan). We suggest booking refundable tickets or purchasing them after the letter of invitation has been issued.