Uzbekistan Visa Requirements
All foreign nationals except citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Kyrgyzstan and Ukraine, are required to have business or tourist visas to enter the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Before application for the tourist visa, foreign nationals need to obtain Uzbekistan visa support, in the form of a Letter of Invitation (LOI), from a licensed travel agency in Uzbekistan. Citizens of Austria, Belgium, Great Britain, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Latvia, Malaysia, Switzerland and Japan do not need LOI if they are obtaining visa in their country of citizenship, but LOI may be required, if they obtain Uzbekistan Visa outside of their country of citizenship. All travelers are suggested to contact in advance Uzbekistan Embassy or Consulate, where they are planning to obtain their tourist visa, for the latest requirements.
Where to apply for Uzbekistan Visa?
It is possible to obtain a visa at the international arrivals lounge of Tashkent International Airport, if both of the following conditions are met:
- There is no Uzbekistan Embassy or Consulate in the country, where you are originating your flight to Uzbekistan,
- Connecting flight to Uzbekistan, in the country where Uzbekistan Embassy or Consulate exists, does not provide enough time to obtain a visa.
Uzbekistan Visa Application requirements:
- Uzbekistan Visa support, also referred to as Letter of Invitation (LOI);
- Valid passport (be sure that you have enough pages for visa and entry/exit stamps);
- Completed application form;
- 1 passport-size photo;
- Fee, payable on collection of visa;
- Stamped, self-addressed envelope, if applying by post;
- Evidence of purpose of a visit;
- Confirmation of hotel reservation and details of stay.
Uzbekistan Visa Application form:
You can download the official visa application form for applying tourist visa at evisa.mfa.uz
This application form is valid for all Uzbekistan Embassies and Consulates.
Visa to other Central Asian countries: