Category: Tourism, Georgia Tours
The renowned National Geographic magazine highlights 11 “unique and unmissable” sights in Georgia
“With seaside, mountains, lakes, historic ruins and rich cultural heritage, there’s an abundance of incredible sights you can only see in Georgia”, the magazine notes.
The list includes the :
- Pillars of Katskhi – a 40-metre natural monolith with a monastery on top;
- Historical monuments of Mtskheta – a UNESCO World Heritage Site;
- View from the Jvari monastery;
- Vardzia cave monastery;
- Ancient rock-hewn town of Uplistsikhe;
- Udziro Lake – with its stunning reflections;
- Ananuri fortress and church complex;
- Paliashvili National Opera and Ballet Theatre;
- Gadachrili Gora – a neolithic village thought to have produced the world’s first wine;
- Monument celebrating the bicentennial of the Treaty of Georgievsk between Georgia and Soviet Russia;
- Cable cars of Chiatura.
National Geographic is the official publication of the National Geographical Society, founded in 1888. The magazine specializes in articles on geography, nature, science, culture and history.