General information on Georgian visa
Foreign citizens of the countries not referred in the above mentioned lists can enter the country and travel by transit through its territory only on the basis of Georgian entry visas.
Georgian visa types:
There are two types of Visa currently issued in Georgia:
- Short-term visa (Business visit; Visitor and Tourism) to enter and stay in Georgia for up to 90 days in any 180-day period;
- Long-term visa (Work; Study; Family reunification and Medical treatment) is also issued for a period of 90 days, and it is a precondition of obtaining a relevant residence permit if needed.
Georgian visa may be obtained in either of the following two ways (depending on the purpose of the visit):
- for short-term visit (i.e. tourism or business purposes) visa application can be made online on the www.evisa.gov.ge. Prospective travelers have a possibility to obtain a tourist or business visa without visiting Georgian Embassy or Consular Office, following three simple steps: applying, making online payment and printing out ready e-Visa (upload of supporting documents proving the purpose of your trip required).
- The long-term visa can be obtained at the Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Georgia abroad only.
Applying for a Georgian long-term visa:
- all applicants should fill in the electronic application form and schedule a visit to a consular office;
- filled in application should be printed out, signed and submitted to the visa issuing authority;
- applicant will need his/her passport, two 3x4 colored passport photos, and consular fee payment confirmation.
The MFA of Georgia makes decision on issuance of short-term visa during 10 calendar days and of long-term visa within 30 calendar days after receiving all documents.
Consular service fee is 100 lari (GEL).
Georgian customs requirements
The following items can be imported duty free:
- 200 cigarettes;
- 3 l of wine;
- 10 l of beer;
- Personal Possessions up to 100 kg;
- Imported goods weighing over 20 kg are taxed in GEL for each kilogram.
Import of the following is prohibited:
- Illegal drugs and medicaments;
- Weapons, explosives and ammunition shall be supported by the permission;
- Knives and other deadly weapon;
- Pornographic materials;
- Items of national importance shall be supported by the permission;
- Plants and animals.
- Any animals require veterinary health certificate;
- All personal medicines shall be supported by doctor’s prescription, to avoid being detained by customs authorities;
- Cats, dogs and other domestic animals require veterinary health certificate;
- Works of art, imported to, or exported from the country require a photo of each item and permission signed by the Ministry of Culture;
- Hunting weapon is allowed to be imported, if the traveler has a valid Georgian license to shoot.
Visa to Georgia - Useful Links:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Consular Department – www.geoconsul.gov.ge
Civil Registry Agency – www.sda.gov.ge