One-day tour to the Enguri hydroelectric power station from Batumi will show you the beauties of northern Georgia. After a three-hour drive from Batumi, you will find yourself in front of the Enguri Dam, a massive concrete wall that holds millions of tons of water. Take a look at this engineering marvel, then take a boat ride across the reservoir. A pleasant ride along a bright blue lake surrounded by green mountain slopes awaits you.
After the tour of the Enguri hydroelectric power station ends, you will have a trip to the city of Zugdidi, where you can choose an extension to the tour: you can go to the Dadiani Palace, the residence of the princes of the 17th century, or visit the picturesque Ethno village of Sisa Tura, demonstrating the simple rural life of Georgians.
Batumi – Enguri Dam – Enguri Boat trip – Zugdidi – Batumi
In the morning meet your driver and the guide and start an enjoyable day incorporating beautiful views, authentic nature, and groundbreaking sightseeing places. The program starts in Batumi. You will drive to Enguri Dam, famous for its sheer dimension and immense capacity, passing the cities and villages of the Samegrelo Region and reaching the town of Jvari. One of Georgia's most distinguished cultural heritage sights, Enguri Dam, is the world's second-highest concrete arch dam.
First, we will take a half-an-hour tour of the dam. The panoramic views from the top of the dam and the history of the hulking construction await us. Afterwards we will enjoy a ~50 minutes boat tour on the Enguri River, surrounded by jaw-dropping nature. The length of the tour is 8km both ways.
On our way back we offer an optional visit to one of the following places:
- A lunch at ethno-village “Sisa Tura” close to Zugdidi, in the village Chkhoria. Here you will see old Megrelian house “Oda” with fascinating relics (old utensils, newspapers from last century and authentic Megrelian clothing that have been kept from ancestors). The whole place is dedicated to ethnography and is essentially a living museum. Having a lunch here is a unique experience, enabling you to enjoy traditional Megrelian meals like Gebzhalia (cheese in mint sauce), Ghomi (a hot porridge made with corn flour) and Sulguni (type of cheese) in an authentic Megrelian place.
- Alternatively, we can stop at Dadiani palace in Zugdidi. The 17th-century palace was built by Levan Dadiani, a local prince, and served as a residence of Megrelian princess and princesses. Nowadays, Dadiani Palace is a historical and architectural museum complex that includes a palace for Ekaterine Chavchavadze-Dadiani, a residence of her son Niko Dadiani, a church, and beautiful botanical garden.
Drop off at the hotel. The end of One-Day Tour from Batumi to Enguri Dam.
- All transfers as per itinerary;
- Sightseeing tour program with English-speaking guide;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Boat trip on Enguri Water Reservoir;
- Bottled drinking water.
Prices per person
The tour is private with your personal guide. There will be no other people joining the tour.
Our guides will follow your own pace.
The starting time of the tour is up to you and may vary from 09.00 am to 16.00 pm.
We are happy to offer this tour for air/train passengers too. Our guide will meet you at the arrival station.