Embark on a 5-day ski tour to Shymbulak, where the frosty thrill of the Trans-Ili Alatau mountains awaits avid skiers and snowboarders. After touching down in Almaty, you'll be spirited away to the slopes of the highest skating rink in the world, Medeo, before reaching the snow-laden paradise of Shymbulak Ski Resort. With slopes that cater to all levels and an optional nightlife that sparkles under the stars, this tour offers an unforgettable blend of exhilarating runs and cozy, mountainside hospitality. Your alpine adventure culminates with exquisite Italian cuisine at the Rifugio del Monte, ensuring that every moment, on and off the pistes, is steeped in winter wonder.
After passing border control and collecting luggage, you will meet local guide holding your nameplate.
You are going to the hotel for check-in (14:00).
Overnight at the hotel.
Meet your tour guide at hotel lobby to start sightseeing in Almaty.
Transfer to Medeo Gorge (25 km from the city).
Arrival to Medeo the highest mountainous Skating Rink in the world and one of the main attractions of Almaty.
Tourists take a cable car (total length is 6200 m) to Shymbulak Ski Resort, which is situated in a picturesque valley of Trans-Ili Alatau at a height of 2200 m above sea level. It is an amazing place where you feel dizzy from the clear air and surrounding beauty.
Optionally you will have an opportunity to try bobsleighing or ski experience or both.
(Extra charge apply).
Shymbulak has its own special atmosphere. Here you can see the skiers who like ironed track as well as the snowboarders who prefer extreme downhills with breathtaking jumps and turns. On sunny days, Shymbulak gathers thousands of visitors. On chairlifts you can reach Talgar Pass (3163 meters above sea level). Only professional skiers climb here since the descent from the pass is too steep. In addition, alpinists start their climbing from this point. Only the stars are higher…
Shymbulak Ski Resort characteristics:
- Plateau Length – 3800 meters, Width – from 100 to 600 meters
- Ski Zone – 2260-3163 meters, Difference in Height – 943 meters
- Average Slope – 12-28 degrees, Maximum Slope – 45 degrees
Check in at the hotel in Shymbulak Ski Resort. Overnight.
Breakfast at Hotel Skiing/snowboarding at Shymbulak.
Cable cars and ski lifts operate from 09:00 to 17:00, with Talgar Pathway lifts until 16:00.
*TUE/THU/SAT evening sessions are available from 19:00 to 23:00.
Have a meal at the restaurant of your choice. Hit the slopes right after, don't miss out the trail’s fluffy trails with powder slopes.
Optional Dinner at Rifugio del Monte.
Most of the restaurants at Shymbulak shutdown after 18:00 on weekdays, but Rifugio del Monte is cordially welcomes guests with delicious Italian cuisines and a bar open till 23:00.
12:00 Сheck out.
Return to Almaty city. Check in at the hotel.
- 2 nights’ Hotel accommodation on BB as per chosen category (DBL/TWN shared) in Almaty
- 2 nights’ Hotel accommodation on BB as per chosen category (DBL) in Shymbulak Ski Resort
- Meals: 4 Breakfasts;
- Private A/C transport with driver as per program:
- 2 pax – sedan up to 3 seats;
- 3-7 pax – minivan up to 10 seats;
- 8-14 pax – minibus up to 18 seats;
- 15 pax and more coach up to 48 seats.
- English - speaking guide assistance days: 2nd and 4th ;
- Ecological fees;
- Entrance tickets: cable car Medeo-Shymbulak- Talgar Pass;
- Mineral water 0,5 L p/p for transfers.
- International air tickets;
- SKI PASS at Shymbulak Ski Resort: from 50 USD per person;
- Equipment rental;
- Ski Instructor (but we will help you to book an appointment);
- Tips and gratuities;
- Any services not included in the above itinerary.
- Some changes are allowed in the program, except reduction of number of booked excursions.
- In case place of visit is closed to visitors it will be replaced with an alternative. During big events proposed accommodation may be changed and replaced with a similar category.
- Sequence of itinerary and hotels given is subject to change without prior notice.
- Hotel booking is subject to availability. No reservations are made before confirmation and 100% prepayment received from client.
- Domestic flights are subject to change in timing and availability. If mentioned flight is not available, it will be changed to convenient one, depending on tour program.
- Proposed hotels are not available; it will be substituted with another hotel of same category.
Payment to be made not less than 30 days prior to tourist group arrival at our bank account as per received invoice.
Cancellation prior 30 days – no charges apply;
Cancellation prior 29 days – 50% charge of the total price;
Cancellation prior 14 days – 100% charge of the total price.