Step into a captivating 7-day winter tour in Kazakhstan that whisks you through the frost-kissed wonders of Almaty and its scenic outskirts, each day unwrapping a new layer of Kazakhstan's splendor. As winter's breath blankets the region, you're invited to a symphony of experiences: from the historical embrace of Almaty's storied avenues to the silvery heights of the Shymbulak Ski Resort and the mystical tranquility of Lake Kaindy's icy gaze. Traverse the snow-softened grandeur of Charyn Canyon and delve into the ancient heart of nomadic culture at the Ethno-Village "Huns." This journey is a seamless blend of alpine adventure and cultural immersion, set against a backdrop of winter's serene majesty, designed not just to see but to feel the pulse of this enchanting region. Embrace the season in all its glory on a tour that promises to warm the soul with the cool whisper of Kazakh winter magic.
After passing border control and collecting luggage, you will meet local guide holding your nameplate.
You are going to the hotel for check-in (14:00).
Overnight at the hotel.
Sightseeing tour in Almaty, 09.30 – 19.00.
This day you will visit the city’s old center and cover one of the main sites that best highlight Almaty’s history. The first stop is Park of 28 Panfilov soldiers – named after the division during WWII, formed of men from the Almaty region under command of General Ivan Panfilov. The park itself is popular among locals and guests of the city. Inside the park visitors will find the eternal flame, memorials of different heroic characters, the Ascension Cathedral – Russian Orthodox wooden church that magically withstood a strong earthquake in XX century, and Museum of musical instruments, where you can admire the collection over 1000 exhibits including rare exhibits dating back to XVII century.
Just in a walking distance, you can enjoy another touristic attraction of Almaty – “Green Bazaar” or Green market. This is a perfect way to experience the true Eastern market, where you can find main delicacies of different nations living in Kazakhstan.
Then we stop for lunch at local restaurant.
Today’s last stop is Kok Tobe, a park located at an altitude of 1,100 meters on the green hill, this place is very popular among locals and tourists. Take a ride on comfortable cable car and within 10 minutes, you are admiring the magnificent panoramic view of the city.
Once we come down from the hill, we are going back to the hotel.
Meet your tour guide at hotel lobby to start sightseeing in Almaty.
Transfer to Medeo Gorge (25 km from the city).
Arrival to Medeo the highest mountainous Skating Rink in the world and one of the main attractions of Almaty.
Tourists take a cable car (total length is 6200 m) to Shymbulak Ski Resort, which is situated in a picturesque valley of Trans-Ili Alatau at a height of 2200 m above sea level. It is an amazing place where you feel dizzy from the clear air and surrounding beauty.
Optionally you will have an opportunity to try bobsleighing or ski experience or both.
(Extra charge apply).
Shymbulak has its own special atmosphere. Here you can see the skiers who like ironed track as well as the snowboarders who prefer extreme downhills with breathtaking jumps and turns. On sunny days, Shymbulak gathers thousands of visitors. On chairlifts you can reach Talgar Pass (3163 meters above sea level). Only professional skiers climb here since the descent from the pass is too steep. In addition, alpinists start their climbing from this point. Only the stars are higher…
Shymbulak Ski Resort characteristics:
- Plateau Length – 3800 meters, Width – from 100 to 600 meters
- Ski Zone – 2260-3163 meters, Difference in Height – 943 meters
- Average Slope – 12-28 degrees, Maximum Slope – 45 degrees
Transfer to the hotel. Overnight.
09:00 Departure from Almaty and drive to Kolsay lakes.
13:00 Arrival to Saty Village for a tasty homemade lunch.
Transfer to Kaindy Lake (1 hour) Sightseeing.
Lake Kaindy («birchen» in Kazakh) is lost in a coniferous forest at the height of 2000m above sea level among the Kungei Alatau Mountains. Lake Kaindy with the length of 400m and depth of almost 30m was formed because of natural disaster: a gorge was flooded with water, which formed natural gates in the very centre of the lake. Its coniferous trees submersed incompletely; their dried peaks overlook proudly over the water like sunken squadron masts.
Transfer to the guesthouse or Mountain Resort.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
After leaving Kolsay Lakes, within 2 hours of driving, we turn from the main road to the road that leads to “Valley of castles” – the main touristic point of Charyn. There we park the vehicle and start our 40 minutes’ walk inside the canyon until we reach Charyn river.
Lunch boxes included.
Charyn Canyon is situated in the territory of the Charyn National Park which was laid out with the purpose to preserve natural and geological objects. This picturesque indigenous locality impresses with its heavenly landscapes The Canyon depth is 200m. The height of the bluff mountains of the Canyon reaches 150-300m. The Canyon itself represents a monument of nature formed with sedimentary rocks aged more then 12 million years. The landscapes are virtually miraculous there.
Have some time for picnic and rest.
After that walk along canyon and enjoy its beautiful view.
In the evening return to Almaty city.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
Departure to Kazakh Ethno-Village “Huns”.
The ethno-village is a perfect place for those willing to plunge into and experience the nomadic past of Kazakhs. The village, about 35 km from Almaty in the Talgar district, is also a great way to escape to the mountains for fresh air, horseback riding and to discover Kazakh traditional games and rituals.
From the moment of entrance and welcome ritual “shashu” to the horseback riding in the mountains, you will be surrounded by the Kazakh’s culture, hospitality, and traditions.
You will enjoy the entertaining program. This includes:
- Show of felt craft and a close look at the yurts with every detail described.
- Performance of “Besikke salu” or “Tusau kesu” rituals, which are still actual in Kazakh families.
- Horse games like “Kyz kuu” – when young man is chasing a girl to kiss her while riding a horse, and “atpen audaryspak” – wrestling of two young men on horseback.
- Traditional dances and music, where guests will be shown moves and take part in group flash mob.
- Master class of cooking “baursak” – traditional Kazakh pastry.
Lunch in national way.
Optionally: guest can request a horseback riding tour for 30 minutes or 1 hour to explore the area and enjoy the nature.
At 16.00, you return to the city. The rest of the day is free.
Overnight at the hotel.
Meals: breakfast, lunch Total distance: 70 km
- 5 nights’ Hotel accommodation on BB as per chosen category (DBL/TWN shared) in Almaty;
- 1 night accommodation in mountain resort at Kolsay Lakes:
- Option in Kolsay Lakes Town only DBL rooms (only King Size beds)
- Option in guesthouse (Twin beds)
- Meals: 6 Breakfasts, 3 lunches
- Private A/C transport with driver as per program:
- 2 pax – sedan up to 3 seats
- 3-7 pax – minivan up to 10 seats
- 8-14 pax – minibus up to 18 seats
- 15 pax and more coach up to 48 seats
- JEEP TOUR to Charyn Canyon (Toyota Land Cruiser/Similar) 3 pax in a car
- Entertaining program at ethno-village
- English - speaking guide
- Entrance fees to sites listed
- Ecological fees
- Mineral water 0,5 L p/p daily
- International air tickets;
- SKI PASS at Shymbulak Ski Resort: from 50 USD per person;
- Meals: Full board (+2 lunches, 5 dinners) – 150 USD p/p, Half board (5 dinners) – 120 USD p/p;
- Tips and gratuities;
- Any services not included in the above itinerary.
Recommendations when planning your trip:
Museums in Almaty are closed on Mondays.
Temperature is different in and outside the city; therefore, warm clothes are needed when travel outside.
- Some changes are allowed in the program, except reduction of number of booked excursions
- In case place of visit is closed to visitors it will be replaced with an alternative. During big events proposed accommodation may be changed and replaced with a similar category
- Sequence of itinerary and hotels given is subject to change without prior notice.
- Hotel booking is subject to availability. No reservations are made before confirmation and 100% prepayment received from client
- Domestic flights are subject to change in timing and availability. If mentioned flight is not available, it will be changed to convenient one, depending on tour program
- Proposed hotels are not available; it will be substituted with another hotel of same category.
Payment to be made not less than 25 days prior to tourist group arrival at our bank account as per received invoice.
Cancellation prior 30 days – no charges apply;
Cancellation prior 20 days – 50% charge of the total price;
Cancellation prior 7 days – 100% charge of the total price.
Prices per person