Kyrgyzstan Visa Requirements
Kyrgyzstan is the most open country in Central Asia for tourists. Citizens from many countries can enter Kyrgyzstan without a visa, for periods ranging from 10 days to unlimited stays. E-visas and visas on arrival are also available for visitors.
Citizens of the following countries can stay in Kyrgyzstan for an unlimited amount of time:
Citizens of the following countries can stay in Kyrgyzstan for up to 90 days:
Citizens of the following countries can stay in Kyrgyzstan for up to 60 days:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
Citizens of the following countries can stay in Kyrgyzstan for 30 days or less:
Malaysia (30 days)
Electronic Visas for Kyrgyzstan
Citizens of all countries, including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, can apply for an e-visa from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs through the www.evisa.e-gov.kg website. Processing takes 3 days, and the price will depend on the duration (from 30 to 90 days) and the number of entries. Payments can be made with VISA and MasterCard.
It is important to note that the electronic visa is valid only for arrivals and departures at Manas International Airport (Bishkek), Osh International Airport (Osh), and Ak-Jol (Kyrgyzstan-Kazakhstan border). If you are planning to arrive or depart from any other border crossing, you need to obtain visa at the embassy.
Kyrgyzstan Visas in Embassies
If you haven’t found your nationality in the list above, you will need to obtain visa at the Embassy of the Kyrgyz Republic. In any case, you will need a Letter of Invitation (a.k.a Visa support) from Kyrgyz travel company, unless you are a holder of passport issued by the following countries.
Citizens of the following countries can obtain a visa to Kyrgyzstan without a letter of invitation (LOI):
For citizens of all other countries, visa support (including a LOI) will be necessary to receive a visa to Kyrgyzstan.
The following information is needed for Kyrgyzstan visa support:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Passport number
- Marital status
- Workplace (company name, address)
- Job title
- Embassy/consulate where you will be obtaining your visa (city, country)
- Duration of stay: date of arrival and exit
- Number of entries (single/multiple)
- Cities you plan to visit
- Purpose of visit
- Temporary address in Kyrgyzstan
- Copy of passport
- If you are applying for a Kyrgyz visa in a country other than your country of citizenship, we will need a copy of your visa to this country.
- Citizens of some countries must register at local police stations (OVIR/OVD) within 5 days of arrival, including weekends and the date of arrival. Registration can be provided as a separate service. As a general rule, citizens of countries that require visas to enter Kyrgyzstan will need to register within 5 days of entering the country. Uzbekistan is a notable exception, as citizens do not need a visa but need to register.
- Citizens of 92 countries are exempt from registration for a specified period of stay. Please check here if you are exempt from registering. Failure to register will result in a 10,000 som fine, and border guards will not let you leave the country until it has been paid. This may result in missing flights and extra expenses.
- There are some regions that require additional documentation in order to visit or pass through. Most of these regions are near the border with China, in Issyk-Kul and Naryn Provinces. Since Advantour cannot be liable for alpinism or adventure sports in these regions, the only way we will issue border permits is for light treks and guided tours in these regions. Be aware that attempting to travel to these regions without a permit can be dangerous, and may result in serious trouble with the Kyrgyz government. These regions include Karkyra, Inylchek, the areas around Pobeda Peak and Khan Tengri, Kel-Suu, At-Bashi, Ak-Sai, Peak Lenin, and near Torugart.
Visa to other Central Asian countries: