The tour will start in the capital of Tajikistan where you will see the main sights of Dushanbe and its surroundings. After this informative entry, you will have a week of snow-capped mountains, as the height will be closer, you will have acclimatization to the air of the Pamir Mountains. You will see beautiful villages, wild flows of the River Pyandj, cross one of the highest passes – Ak- Baytal (4655 m) and learn a lot about the history of the Pamir tract once connected to the Great Silk Road and the Great Game.
Pamir Highway Tour is not merely a walking trip. It is a choice of real adventurers. Check out the detailed tour program, select the appropriate date, and start preparing for a memorable expedition!
Road conditions: well paved road.
*In Khorog, you will have the last hotel with Wi-Fi. Further in your route, there will be no Internet.
Road conditions: All day you will drive through a dirt road with a rare paved parts.
Road conditions: the first half from Khorog to Ishkashim is a poor dirt road, the second part is paved. 6km ramp to Garm-Chashma has a bad ground.
Road conditions: All day you will drive on the paved and smooth road, only descent and ascent to the Yamchun fortress lies across a bad dirt road.
*It might be difficult to fall asleep on the height of 3600meters due to the lack of oxygen and dry air.
Road conditions: the first half of the way will be a dirt road, the second half, on the turn towards Khorog, there will be a bad sinuous paving.
Road conditions: From Murghab to Sary-Tash, the road will lie through a decent pavement, and only the high-mountain passes of Ak-Baytal and Kyzyl-Art have bad roads (approximately 50 km), and from Sary-Tash to Osh, the road is paved.
1. There will be limited access to the internet during the Pamir Highway tour. Access to the Internet will be in Dushanbe, Kalai-Khumb and Khorog. In Ishkashim, Langar and Murghab, there is no internet access.
2. Traveling to high altitudes can cause an altitude-related illness, such as headache, dizziness, weakness, cogwheel breathing, sleep disturbance, loss of appetite, apathy and others. The tour program has gradual ascend to minimize manifest of high altitude-related symptoms. We recommend to monitor how you feel and drink water frequently (2.5 – 3 l water a day).
3. We also recommend packing different entertainment items with you to Pamir Highway tour: music, books, board games, etc. At times, you will have long hour drives; since after Khorog, there will be no access to the Internet and TV and evenings in the guesthouses may seem boring.
- All transfers;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Full-board from Day 2;
- Service of an English-speaking guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Visa support for Tajikistan tourist visa;
- Mineral water.
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Lunch/Dinner on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 8;
- Accommodation in Osh;
- Consular fees for Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan tourist visas;
- GBAO permit;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Dushanbe - 2 nights|
|Kalai-Khumb - 1 night|
|Khorog - 1 night|
|Dekhli Darbor, Lal|
|Ishkashim - 1 night|
|Langar - 1 night|
|Murgab - 1 night|