Vegetarian Food in Tashkent
Vegetarian food in Tashkent is fairly easy to find these days, as there are a growing number of eateries offering international cuisine with meat-free options as well as modified local dishes. While there are few exclusively vegetarian restaurants in Tashkent, the capital’s ever-increasing selection of vegetarian-friendly cafes and restaurants will satisfy most customers.
To simplify your search, we have listed some popular restaurants in Tashkent with a good selection of vegetarian options:
Phone: +99871 252-56-81/82
Afsona (means the Legend from Uzbek) restaurant offers the following vegetarian food options:
- potato samsa (samosa, baked stuffed pastry), samsa with cheese and spinach;
- manti (steamed stuffed dumplings) with pumpkin (seasonal);
- khanum (steamed thin dumplings rolled) with vegetables;
- kuk shurpa (soup with greens, vegetables and eggs, garnished with sour cream);
- vegetable shashlik (skewered barbeque).
Phones: +99871 280-51-16, 150-18-33, 256-34-04
Bon! is a chain of cafes, with a good variety of vegetarian food, coffee and desserts. There you will find such vegetarian dishes as - panini (Italian style sandwich) with cheese and tomatoes;
- blinchiki (Russian pancakes stuffed) with cheese and tomatoes;
- galette with vegetables and fried eggs, omelettes;
- french quiches (open pastry crust with a filling);
- cream soups and salads.
Phone: +99871 129-07-70
Gruzinskiy Dvorik (Georgian Courtyard from Russian) restaurant has a great choice of vegetarian dishes:
- khorovats (vegetable salad prepared on the mangal);
- green lobio with nuts, red lobio with nuts, green lobio with eggs;
- pkhali (vegetable salad from beetroot, carrots, spinach with nuts and spices);
- adjapsandali (sautéed aubergines with vegtables);
- soup lobachash (beans, rice and walnuts);
- vareniki (Russian ravioli) with suluguni (brined Georgian cheese);
- mengreli mushrooms (champingnons sautéed in butter sauce with onions);
- potatoes with mushrooms and tomatoes.
Phone: +99871 150-66-06
The Caravan restaurant, popular among tourists, offers such vegetarian meals as
- samsa (samosa, baked stuffed pastry) with pumpkin, potatoes or spinach (seasonal availability);
- manti (steamed stuffed dumplings) with pumpkin;
- khanum (steamed thin dumplings rolled) with potatoes;
- tukhum-barak (ravioli stuffed with eggs);
- steamed vegetables, potato or mushroom shashlik (skewered barbeque);
- you might also try shashlik from other seasonal vegetables too.
Phone: +99890 977-71-16
Guests of this restaurant may try such vegetarian dishes as
- tomato cream soup, vegetable cream soup, minestrone;
- spaghetti aglio olio (spaghetti with garlic and oil);
- grilled vegetables, potatoes with rosemary, and aubergines with feta cheese and greens.
Phone: +99871 150-06-60, +99871 150-99-49
Sato, another restaurant of Caravan Group located next to Caravan restaurant, offers the same vegetarian menu as the Caravan restaurant.