One day tour to the town of Uzgen, one of the capitals of the Karakhanid State in the 11th and 12th centuries. This excursion includes a visit to the Uzgen Minaret, considered to be one of the best- preserved monuments of the Karakhanid Dynasty in Kyrgyzstan.
After breakfast meet your guide and driver at your hotel or guest house in Osh. Drive to the ancient town of Uzgen (60km,1hr) to explore several Silk Road sites. The Uzgen Archaeological-Architectural Museum Complex encompasses the famous Uzgen Minaret, a historical museum and three mausoleums, representative of 11th and 12th centuries architecture. Orom Mill is one of the few remaining mills using ancient wooden technology. In Uzgen Bazaar your guide will provide cultural information and secrets for negotiating with the sellers as you shop for souvenirs. Return to your Osh hotel. End of tour.
- English-speaking guide;
- Sightseeing tour program, including entrance fees to all sights. Camera/video fees are paid separately and not included in the price.
Price does not include:
- Consular fees paid upon collection of the entrance visa to Kyrgyzstan;
- Registration in Kyrgyzstan;
- Visa support;
- Full board meals;
- International airfares;
- Alcoholic drinks;
- Personal insurance and items not mentioned above;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated.