Discover the nature and history of Turkmenistan’s remote Far East on this 4-day Koytendag extension tour from Ashgabat. Explore the unique Dinosaur Plateau, which boasts one of world’s largest and most important collections of dinosaur footprints. Tour scenic highlights like Kainar Baba Lake and the Umbar Dere Gorge and waterfall. Visit the historical and cultural sights of Astana Baba and Alamberdar mausoleum complex and the Kyrk Gyz pilgrim cave.
- All transfers (by 4x4 vehicle except on Day 4; 1-3 pax sharing one vehicle, 4 pax sharing two vehicles or a minivan);
- Accommodation with breakfasts included (rooms at base lodge, and cabin on train, will be shared between up to four people);
- Sightseeing tour programme with English-speaking, local guide;
- Economy class flight tickets Ashgabat-Turkmenabat (Boeing 737);
- Train ticket Amyderya-Ashgabat (sharing a 4-person sleeper cabin);
- Lunch on Day 2;
- Dinners on Days 1-3;
- Bottled mineral water (500ml per person per day).
- Visa support (invitation letter, registration, travel pass);*
- Full board (meals not specified in the itinerary);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips/gratuities for driver and guide (although they would be appreciated).
* Please note that the Turkmenistan tourist visa costs from US$55+4 per person (subject to change); the migration tax is US$10+4 per person, to be paid at any border (subject to change); and the tourist fee is $2 per person per night.