Two-day tour to the ancient cities of Kazakhstan is the best opportunity to learn medieval history of this land, see its rich architecture. The jewel of the Silk Road is the city of Turkestan, one of the most ancient cities not only in Kazakhstan but also in Central Asia. The city owes its popularity to Khoja Ahmed Yasawi (also known as Ahmad Yasawi, Ahmet Yasevi, Ahmed Yesevi or Ata Yesevi), a dervish, Sufi preacher and poet, who lived there. 233 years after his death the majestic mausoleum was erected over the modest tomb of the saint by the order of Amir Timur. It contributed to making Turkestan a Muslim relic, visiting of which pilgrims equalize to Mecca pilgrimage. The UNESCO has included Turkestan or rather Khoja Ahmed Yasawi Mausoleum in the list of the world’s heritage.
Transfer to Turkestan for overnight (100 km, 1,5h).
|Number of travellers||1||2||3||4||5|
|Price (USD) per 1 person||890||490||345||275||235|
Single supplement $15
|Turkestan||Turkestan, Edem or Yassi|
- All transfers: 1-2 pax by sedan type car; 3-7 pax by minivan type car;
8-13 pax by 20 seat bus, 14 pax and more by 40-50 seat bus;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing with a local English speaking guide;
- Entrance tickets to the museums, mausoleums and other sights;
- Mineral water.
- Charges in hotels for additional services;
- Kazakhstan visa support service;
- Camera fees, charged separately by museums;
- Travel insurance;
- International air tickets;
- Full board.