One-day tour to the Enguri Dam from Kutaisi is a journey to the miracle of engineering. A powerful concrete dam fits perfectly into the surrounding landscape, and a huge reservoir h an amazing color of water further adorned the local nature. After two hours on the way from Kutaisi, you will be at the foot of the dam, you will be able to take amazing photos, and after, that you will have a short boat ride on an artificial mountain lake. And after the main part of the tour program, you can choose to continue your trip: either visit Ethno village Sisatura, where you will see a classic Georgian village, or see the Dadiani Palace in the city of Zugdidi, built back in the 17th century. In just one day you will get the widest range of experiences. Don't miss this opportunity!
Kutaisi – Enguri Dam – Enguri Boat trip – Zugdidi – Kutaisi
In the morning meet your driver and the guide and start an enjoyable day incorporating beautiful views, authentic nature, and groundbreaking sightseeing places.
The program starts in Batumi. You will drive to Enguri Dam, famous for its sheer dimension and immense capacity, passing the cities and villages of the Samegrelo Region and reaching the town of Jvari. One of Georgia's most distinguished cultural heritage sights, Enguri Dam, is the world's second-highest concrete arch dam.
First, we will take a half-an-hour tour of the dam. The panoramic views from the top of the dam and the history of the hulking construction await us. Afterwards we will enjoy a ~50 minutes boat tour on the Enguri River, surrounded by jaw-dropping nature. The length of the tour is 8km both ways.
On our way back we offer an optional visit to one of the following places:
- A lunch at ethno-village “Sisa Tura” close to Zugdidi, in the village Chkhoria. Here you will see old Megrelian house “Oda” with fascinating relics (old utensils, newspapers from last century and authentic Megrelian clothing that have been kept from ancestors). The whole place is dedicated to ethnography and is essentially a living museum. Having a lunch here is a unique experience, enabling you to enjoy traditional Megrelian meals like Gebzhalia (cheese in mint sauce), Ghomi (a hot porridge made with corn flour) and Sulguni (type of cheese) in an authentic Megrelian place.
- Alternatively, we can stop at Dadiani palace in Zugdidi. The 17th-century palace was built by Levan Dadiani, a local prince, and served as a residence of Megrelian princess and princesses. Nowadays, Dadiani Palace is a historical and architectural museum complex that includes a palace for Ekaterine Chavchavadze-Dadiani, a residence of her son Niko Dadiani, a church, and beautiful botanical garden.
Drop off at the hotel. The end of one-day tour to the Enguri Dam from Kutaisi.
- All transfers as per itinerary;
- Sightseeing tour program with English-speaking guide;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Boat trip on Enguri Water Reservoir;
- Bottled drinking water.