Take a fascinating weekend tour where you will visit picturesque Kolsay lakes called as pearls of Northern Tyan-Shan. You will have a picnic in a place surrounded by alpine meadows and coniferous woods and also visit villages of Sati and Charyn Canyon.
Lake Kaindy («birchen» in Kazakh) is lost in a coniferous forest at the height of 2000m above sea level among the Kungei Alatau Mountains. Lake Kaindy with the length of 400m and depth of almost 30m was formed as a result of natural disaster: a gorge was flooded with water, which formed natural gates in the very centre of the lake. Its coniferous trees submersed incompletely, their dried peaks overlook proudly over the water like sunken squadron masts.
Then drive to Saty settlement (15km). Dinner and overnight at the guest house.
Charyn Canyon is situated in the territory of the Charyn National Park which was laid out with the purpose to preserve natural and geological objects. This picturesque indigenous locality impresses with its heavenly landscapes The Canyon depth is 200m. The height of the bluff mountains of the Canyon reaches 150-300m. The Canyon itself represents a monument of nature formed with sedimentary rocks aged more then 12 million years. The landscapes are virtually miraculous there. Arrive in Canyon. Have some time for picnic and rest. After that walk along canyon and enjoy its beautiful view.
In the afternoon return to Almaty. Arrive in Almaty at 19:00. End of services.
- Transport throughout the tour;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program with local English speaking guide;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Environmental and entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Bottled water 1.5l per person a day.
- Accommodation in Almaty;
- Consular fees for Kazakhstan tourist visa;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Alcohol and soft drinks.