3-day Altyn-Emel Reserve and Charyn Canyon Tour will introduce you to amazing natural sites of Almaty vicinities. You will enjoy wonderful and different views of the biggest Kazakh natural reserve – Altyn-Emel, walk along the Aktau mountains, and listen to the Singing Barchan (singing-dune) song – a unique occurrence of the nature that has many related legends. You will also have a trip to Charyn Canyon, a beautiful valley of red rocked ‘castles’ as if erected by unknown giants. Positive emotions and exceptional selfie photos are guaranteed!
Continue to the village of Baschi. After lunch, excursion in Altyn-Emel National Park. Drive to the Singing Dune located in one of the corners of the Altyn-Emel National Park, a few kilometers from the Ili river, between the mountains of Big and Small Kalkan. This sandy hill has a height of 120 meters and a length of about 3 km. It consists of very fine pure sand, which starts to "sing" in windy weather and its sound reminds the organ music. Before a sandy storm the dune sounds like a drum. From the top of the Dune you can observe the grand panorama of the surroundings. In the south - thin strip of the Ili River is visible as well as purple mountains of Sogety and Boguty, looking out from the white peaks of the Ketmen ridge. On the west the horizon is obstructed by the steep slope of the Big Kalkan, and the Small Kalkan – from the east. In the north - violet-blue ridge of Djungarian Alatau mountains, Chulak mountain, Matai and Altyn-Emel are visible. If the weather is dry and windy, the sand-dune will "sing" you its song, which could be heard as far as several kilometers. Night in the hotel.
- Transport throughout the tour;
- Accommodation at hotel based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- English speaking tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Full board (3 lunches and 2 dinners).
- Accommodation in Almaty;
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Consular fees, visa support for Kazakhstan tourist visa;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Altyn-Emel - 2 nights|
|Aigai Kum Guesthouse|