This three-day tour is the best tour for those who want to experience Uzbekistan in full, and go deeper into different aspects of this beautiful country. Even just fifty years ago, the Aral Sea was such a big saltwater lake straddling the border between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, that it had to be called a sea. As the sea began to recede, it left fishing villages far from the water and revealed the strange contours of the Aral Desert and the Ustyurt Plateau. Ships were left stranded, gathered into graveyards, and left to rust; communities that remembered the rich marshland ecosystems were suddenly surrounded by desert. A trip to the Aral Sea can be saddening, since it shows how much damage humans can create, yet the landscapes have an eerie and haunting beauty that will stay with you for long after you finish this tour.
*Guide for sightseeing tour in Nukus is not included and is available upon request.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Due to weather condition, the overnight in yurts usually starts from 15 April till 15 October.
Other days the overnight takes place in a guest house at Moynak.
- Airport transfers in Nukus. For Aral Sea trip 4WD type of vehicle (max. 3 persons + 1 guide in one car, airport transfers 1-3pax sedan car);
- Accommodation in Nukus based on double/twin room sharing, breakfast included;
- Accommodation in the yurt camp;
- Entrance fees to the Savitsky Art Museum, Local History Museum and Mizdakhan memorial complex;
- Escort guide for Aral Sea trip;
- Meals as per itinerary.
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Round-trip tickets for flight Tashkent-Nukus-Tashkent;
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Travel insurance.
|Nukus - 1 night|
|Jipek Joli or similar|
|Aral Sea - 1 night|