An unforgettable 5-day Georgia tour from Kutaisi is a wonderful journey that will help you to discover this beautiful and hospitable country. During this trip, you will visit the second biggest city of Georgia – Kutaisi, see the land of thousand towers – Svaneti and explore a valuable architectural and historical monument in Ushguli.
After breakfast start sightseeing in the second biggest city of Georgia – Kutaisi, which according to the legend was the ultimate destination of the Jason and Argonauts searching for the Golden Fleece. Visit Bagrati Cathedral (11th century), one of the best samples of medieval architecture towering over Kutaisi and visible from almost any point in the city. Next stop is the Gelati Academy, built by King David the Builder in the 12th century. Gelati was the center of spiritual and scientific life of the Middle Ages, the tomb of Georgian kings and a cult place for pilgrims. It is under UNESCO protection as an object of cultural and historical legacy. Continue to Motsameta monastery to enjoy fantastic views over the Rioni river gorge. Drive back to Kutaisi to overnight at the hotel.
On our way back to Kutaisi we offer an optional visit to one of the following places:
- A lunch at ethno- village “Sisatura” close to Zugdidi, in the village Chkhoria. Here you will see old Megrelian house “Oda” with fascinating relics (old utensils, newspapers from last century and authentic Megrelian clothing that have been kept from ancestors). The whole place is dedicated to ethnography and is essentially a living museum. Having a lunch here is a unique experience, enabling you to enjoy traditional Megrelian meals like Gebzhalia (cheese in mint sauce), Ghomi (a hot porridge made with corn flour) and Sulguni (type of cheese) in an authentic Megrelian place. To be booked in advance.
- Alternatively, we can stop at Dadiani palace in Zugdidi. The 17th-century palace was built by Levan Dadiani, a local prince, and served as a residence of Megrelian princess and princesses. Nowadays, Dadiani Palace is a historical and architectural museum complex that includes a palace for Ekaterine Chavchavadze-Dadiani, a residence of her son Niko Dadiani, a church, and beautiful botanical garden.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan, 3-4 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 5-12 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van, 13-20 by 30-seats bus);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Personal travel insurance.