The 11-day Georgia tour from Kutaisi is an interesting and educational journey to different cities of the country. Do not miss your chance to taste different types of Georgian wines in Kakheti region, visit Jvari Monastery overlooking the confluence of Aragvi and Mtkvari rivers in Mtskheta and see the country house where Stalin was born. This picturesque trip will be full of unforgettable discoveries and impressions.
After breakfast start sightseeing in the second biggest city of Georgia – Kutaisi, which according to the legend was the ultimate destination of the Jason and Argonauts searching for the Golden Fleece. Visit Bagrati Cathedral (11th century), one of the best samples of medieval architecture towering over Kutaisi and visible from almost any point in the city. Next stop is the Gelati Academy built by King David the Builder in the 12th century. Gelati was the center of spiritual and scientific life of the Middle Ages, the tomb of Georgian kings and a cult place for pilgrims. It is under UNESCO protection as an object of cultural and historical legacy. Continue to Motsameta Monastery to enjoy fantastic views over the Rioni river gorge. Drive back to Kutaisi to overnight at the hotel.
At 17:55, take an evening train to Tbilisi, arrival at 22:50. Transfer to the hotel for overnight.
*Ethnography Museum can be substituted with National Museum of Georgia famous for its archeological exhibits, or Georgian National Gallery where works of famous Georgian artist Pirosmani are kept.
- Transfers on comfortable vehicles throughout the tour as per itinerary;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to all sights as per itinerary;
- Two wine tastings;
- First class train tickets on train Batumi-Tbilisi.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Personal travel insurance.