If you’re planning on traveling to Uzbekistan, extend your travels by adding a trip to Turkmenistan. The Darvaza Gas Crater group tour takes you over the border from Khiva, first to Kunya-Urgench, the site of an amazing architectural reserve and the former capital of the Khorezm Empire, and then to the Darvaza Gas Crater, a natural gas burnoff in the Karakum Desert. Share a night in the desert and a meal cooked over a fire with new friends as you travel with like-minded people from around the world.
If you're travelling alone or just with a few friends or family members, we encourage you to join our Turkmenistan Small Group Tour. This is because travelling as part of a larger group increases the likelihood of you being granted a visa for Turkmenistan.
In the afternoon drive to Darvaza gas crater located in the middle of Karakym desert (270 km, 4 h.). Set up the camp. Enjoy a delicious fire-cooked meal for dinner near the burning gas crater. Overnight in tents.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 2 hours
Meals: lunch, dinner
- All transfers;
- Sightseeing tour program with an English-speaking guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Visa support letter for Turkmenistan tourist visa;
- Utensils and necessary equipment for staying in tents (sleeping bags, sleeping mats, pillows, dining table, chairs);
- Camp style dinner and breakfast at Darvaza crater;
- Lunch in Kunya-Urgench
- Tour leader to accompany travelers for the whole period of the tour in Turkmenistan.