Central Asia has been hailed as a prime tourist destination for 2020 and Uzbekistan, bursting with old-world charm and historical wonders, is the crowning jewel of this underrated region. Somewhere between the grand palaces of Khiva, the regal turquoise-domed tombs of Samarkand and the imposing fortresses and madrassahs sprinkled throughout Bukhara’s exotic dusty streets, Uzbekistan is sure to reward each curious and open-minded traveler who visits this endearing land.
The Uzbekistan Relaxed Group Tour 2022-2023 allows you to experience the very best of Uzbekistan at a laid-back pace that will not leave you feeling tired, rushed or overwhelmed. This tour doesn’t compromise on content, taking you through the cities of Tashkent, Khiva, Bukhara, Gijduvan and Samarkand and introducing you to the greatest sites in each region. Yet it also provides plenty of time for relaxation and personal exploration, giving you the benefits of both a guided group tour and the flexibility to choose which sites to focus on in each city.
Overnight in Tashkent hotel.
Places for self-visit in Tashkent:
Amir Temur Museum
Alisher Navoiy State Opera and Ballet Theatre
Transfer to the domestic airport for an evening flight to Urgench departing at 19:00 (1093km, 2hrs,20min). Arrive in Urgench at 21:20 and transfer to the hotel in Khiva (30km, 35min).
Overnight in Khiva hotel.
Duration of Tashkent sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
Overnight in Khiva hotel.
Duration of Khiva sightseeing tour: app. 6 hours
Overnight in Bukhara hotel.
Duration of Bukhara sightseeing tour: 6-7 hours
Gijduvan ceramics are distinguished by their unique features and recognizable all over Uzbekistan. The ceramics school has deep roots - the skills have been passed from father to son for generations. Today Gijduvan is home to sixth- generation potters from the Narzullayevs family, who brought the Gijduvan ceramics school to worldwide fame.
Return to Bukhara in the afternoon. Free time. Overnight in the hotel.
Places for self-visit in Bukhara:
Naqshbandi Memorial Complex.
Overnight at the Samarkand hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 6-7 hours
Places for self-visit in Samarkand:
Meros Paper Mill
Mausoleum of Imam al-Bukhari
Tomb of St. Daniel
Free time till transfer to Tashkent International Airport. End of Uzbekistan Relaxed Group Tour.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan; 3-7 pax by minivan; 8-14 pax by 30-seat bus);
- Transportation throughout the tour, including airport/train station pick ups and drop offs;
- Accommodation based on sharing of double/twin room; breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each city with local guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Economy class ticket for Tashkent-Urgench flight;
- Economy class ticket for Khiva-Bukhara, Bukhara-Samarkand-Tashkent trains;
- If more than 8 persons on the tour, a tour leader to accompany the travellers;
- Lunch and masterclass in Gijduvan and dinner show in Bukhara.
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour (unless more than 8 persons on the tour);
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Visa support for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- Consular fees for Uzbekistan tourist visa;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Travel insurance.
|Tashkent - 2 nights|
|Grand Capital or similar|
|Khiva - 2 nights|
|New Star, Qosha Darvoza or similar|
|Bukhara - 3 nights|
|As-Salom, Fatima, Volida or similar|
|Samarkand - 2 nights|
|City, Meros or similar|