Turkmenistan is a mosaic of impressions, and two days is just enough to get a taste. Start with the ruins at Kunya-Urgench, a city that survived the raids of Genghis Khan in the 13th century only to be just about permanently destroyed in the 14th century by Timur. Spend the night next to a fire in the desert next to the Darvaza Gas Crater, a collapsed natural gas pocket that has been continually burning for the past forty years. Whether you love the broad, empty desert, the ruins of history at Kunya-Urgench, or just taking a short tour to a new country, the Tour to Kunya-Urgench and Darvaza is sure to be a best tour for a number of people.
In the afternoon drive to Darvaza gas crater located in the middle of Karakym desert (270 km, 4 h.). Set up the camp. Enjoy a delicious fire-cooked meal for dinner near the burning gas crater. Overnight in tents.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 2 hours
Meals: lunch, dinner
- All transfers;
- Sightseeing tour program with English speaking guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Visa support letter for Turkmenistan tourist visa;
- Utensils and necessary equipment for staying in tents (sleeping bags, sleeping mats, pillows, dining table, chairs);
- Camp style dinner and breakfast at Darwaza crater
- Lunch in Kunya Urgench;
- Tour leader to accompany travellers for the whole period of the tour.
- Consular fees for Turkmenistan tourist visa;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Travel insurance.