For those looking for ancient and medieval history, look no further than the two-day Khujand and Istaravshan Tour to Tajikistan. Start with Khujand, a crucial point in Alexander the Great’s empire, and later a bustling metropolis on the Silk Road. Istaravshan is a little different - though it was part of much of the same historical events as Khujand, it still remained smaller than its neighbor. Travel from Tashkent to Khujand on this best tour of the region, and explore the museums that hold the city’s history and the Panjshanbe Bazaar, an important trading center for those from far and wide. The second day is taken up with Istaravshan, with visits to mosques, mausoleums and archaeological sites. For a two-day excursion through Tajikistan, the Khujand and Istaravshan Tour is one of the best tours to take.
In Khujand you will explore the Sughd Historical Museum, Timur-Malik Fortress, Mosque and Madrasah of Shaikh Muslihiddin, Payshanba Bazaar. You will try delicious Tajik cuisine at the local restaurant. After you will have some free time at your disposal. Overnight at the hotel.
- All transfers:
Uzbekistan part - 1-3 pax by sedan type car; 4-8 pax by van type car; 9-14 pax by 20 seat bus;
Tajikistan part - 1-2 pax by sedan type car; 3-7 pax by van type car; 8-13 pax by 20 seat bus;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour in Khujand and Istaravshan with local guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Visa support letter for Tajikistan tourist visa;
- Full board.
- Tour leader to accompany travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Consular fees for Tajikistan tourist visa;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Travel insurance.
|Khujand - 1 night|
|Khujand Deluxe (mansard room)||Khujand Grand, Khujand Deluxe|