Book this two-day tour from Samarkand to spend a little more time at the natural and cultural sights of this corner of Tajikistan. Spend a day in Penjikent, an ancient city well known for its ruins and for being the birthplace of Rudaki, a famous poet. The ruins are all that remains of the older city, which was abandoned after Arab conquerors moved the population in the 8th century. The modern town is nearby, with its bustling bazaar and mosque, plus a beautiful mausoleum for Rudaki.
Take the second day to explore the Seven Lakes. The short drive takes you through Sarazm, which was the first site in Tajikistan to be included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. Sarazm is all that remains of a settlement that is at least 3,500 years old, and shows high levels of development for the time. The Seven Lakes, just a little further out, are nestled among the Fann Mountains. Each lake has its own unique color and picturesque aura. Enjoy a picnic next to one of the lakes before heading back to Samarkand. For a trip that covers both the cultural and natural sights of Tajikistan, look no further than this best tour to Penjikent and the Seven Lakes from Samarkand.
Start sightseeing tour in Penjikent: Rudaki Museum, local Bazaar and mosque. Lunch at local restaurant. After lunch drive to the ruins of ancient Penjikent located within 5 minutes drive from modern Penjikent. Panjikent a major Sogdian city is dating back to 5th century and was destroyed with Arab conquerors in 8th century.
Late in the afternoon return to the Jartepa border crossing (130 km), customs and passport control, continue to Uzbekistan. Meet your driver and transfer to Samarkand. Arrive in Samarkand, transfer to the hotel/private residence.
- All transfers: Uzbekistan part all transfers - 1-3 pax by sedan type car; 4-8 pax by van type car; 9-14 pax by 20 seat bus; Tajikistan part all transfers - 1-2 pax by sedan type car; 3-7 pax by van type car; 8-13 pax by 20 seat bus;
- English speaking tour leader;
- Sightseeing tour with guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Full board (2 lunches and 1 dinner).
- Consular fees for Tajikistan tourist visa;
- Visa support letter for Tajikistan tourist visa;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Travel insurance.
|Penjikent - 1 night|
|Sugd or Umariyon|