If you want a good introduction to Tajikistan, but don’t have a lot of time, consider this 4-day tour. Start from Samarkand, and cross to Penjikent on the Tajik side. Penjikent is famous for its ancient ruins (all that remains of a city that was resettled in the 8th century by Arab conquerers) and the Rudaki Museum, dedicated to the famous Persian poet who was born here. From Penjikent, head into the Fann Mountains, where you will see the Seven Lakes. Each lake has a unique color and setting, making them ideal for a mountain excursion and picnic. The last stop is Khujand, long an important city for its fortress and bazaar. Explore Khujand to learn about the history and culture of the region, with stops at the Museum of Archaeology and Fortification and the Payshanba Bazaar. Return to Tashkent, Uzbekistan at the end of the tour.
Sightseeing in Penjikent: Rudaki Museum – Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu Abdallah Rudaki, considered by many to be the father of Persian Poetry. Visit ancient Penjikent - ruins of old Sogdian town, founded in the 5th century and abandoned in the 8th century by Arabs. Foundations of houses, a citadel with a couple of Zoroastrian fire temples and city bazaar are visible in the excavated ruins. Overnight at the hotel.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 3-4 hours
Transfer to Oybek cross border point (70 km, 1 h). As you cross the border, our driver will meet you on meet on Uzbekistan side. Transfer to the hotel in Tashkent (100 km, 1 h 30 min). End of the tour.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
- All transfers 1-2 pax by sedan type car; 3-7 pax by van type car; 8-13 pax by 20 seat bus, 14 pax and more by 40-50 seat bus;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each city with local guides;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- English speaking tour leader in Tajikistan.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Consular fees for Tajikistan tourist visa;
- Travel insurance.
|Penjikent - 2 nights|
|Sugd or Umariyon||Sugd or Umariyon|
|Khujand - 1 night|
|Parliament Palace, Khujand Deluxe (mansard room)||Khujand Grand, Khujand Deluxe|