Rafting tour on Rioni River is fun, adventurous, and extreme experience. As Georgia has numerous mountain rivers it gives a perfect opportunity to experience rafting of different complexities. Rafting on Rioni river in western Georgia is a great tour to enjoy extreme sport and learn cultural legacy of Georgia.
The tour starts in Tbilisi. The first day is about learning the history of the city, visiting the main sights. The second day will be on the road Tbilisi-Kutaisi; along the way you will see ancient monuments of Georgian architecture, learn the culture of the country, and enjoy natural landscapes. The third, the main day of the tour includes a visit to the amazing cave of Prometheus and a long-awaited rafting on the Rioni River. On the fourth day you will have some time to cool down after an intense and active holiday before your flight.
Start a sightseeing tour in Tbilisi. You will see central Rustaveli Avenue, visit Metekhi Church and the monument to Vakhtang Gorgasali, the legendary founder of Tbilisi. Take cable car to Narikala Fortress to enjoy breathtaking panoramic view of the city. Walk down to the district of Sulphur bath houses passing by the only mosque in Tbilisi. Stroll through the Sharden are full of narrow streets with cozy cafés, wine tasting bars, souvenir shops, and breathe in the living past. Visit Anchiskhati Basilica, and the clock tower of famous Rezo Gabriadze Theatre. Overnight at the hotel.
Length of the route: 6 km
Time: 25-30 min
Complexity: II – III class
- All transfers as per itinerary;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program with English speaking guide;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Rafting with equipment, coach, instructing;
- Mineral water (0,5l per person per day).
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Tbilisi - 2 nights|
|Tiflis or similar||River Side, Citrus or similar||Tiflis Palace, Ambassadori or similar|
|Kutaisi - 1 night|
|Old Town, Empire or similar||King David, Argo Boutique or similar||Best Western Congress|