This tour to Almaty and Astana will introduce to you two main cities of Kazakhstan – the former and current capitals. These cities are different from each other, but both have something to surprise their guests.
After passing border control and collecting luggage, you will be met by a local guide holding your nameplate.
You are going to the hotel first for check-in and short rest after the flight. Extra night included.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Sightseeing tour in Astana will last from 11.00 to 19.00. The tour includes:
This day you will visit the city’s main attractions. Our first stop is National Museum – opened in 2014, currently the museum is the biggest in Kazakhstan and consists of 10 thematic halls, including ancient and medieval history, ethnography, history of Kazakhs and other.
- Hazret Sultan mosque is the 2nd biggest mosque in Central Asia that can place 10,000 persons at one time. The building is designed as an Oriental palace.
- Palace of Peace and Reconciliation – pyramid that was designed by world famous architect - Norman Foster. The uniqueness of this building is its golden section proportion: 62 meters of length and 62 meters of height.
After the excursion, we visit Khan Shatyr, one of the new symbols of the capital, the first and only lifestyle center of Astana. The center combines shopping and entertainment under one roof. The building itself is the world’s biggest tent–shaped installation, which makes it unique.
Overnight at the hotel.
We arrive to the city in the afternoon and stop by a local restaurant for lunch. After lunch, we continue our tour by visiting “Nur Alem” center – the world's largest spherical building 80m in the diameter and 100m tall, the first hi-tech museum in Kazakhstan. The complex is a legacy of EXPO 2017, which was held during summer 2017 in Astana. It takes around 3 hours or even more to cover all eight floors of the Museum of Future, where basic types of energy are on display: those of the space, sun, biomass, wind, water and kinetics.
18.00 Transfer to the airport.
20.35 Domestic fight to Almaty.
22.15 Arrival to Almaty. Transfer to the hotel. Check in and overnight.
Sightseeing tour in Almaty, 10.00 – 20.00.
This day you will visit the city’s old center and cover one of the main sites that best highlights Almaty’s history. The first stop is Park of 28 Panfilov soldiers – named after the division during WWII, formed of men from the Almaty region under command of General Ivan Panfilov. The park itself is popular among locals and guests of the city. Inside the park visitors will find the eternal flame, memorials of different heroic characters, the Ascension Cathedral – Russian Orthodox wooden church that magically withstood a strong earthquake in XX century, and Museum of musical instruments, where you can admire the collection over 1000 exhibits including rare exhibits dating back to XVII century.
Just in a walking distance, you can enjoy another touristic attraction of Almaty – “Green Bazaar” or Green market. This is a perfect way to experience the true Eastern market, where you can find main delicacies of different nations living in Kazakhstan. Here you might taste the food, bargain and, obviously, buy local tasty goods for a very nice price.
Then we stop for lunch at local restaurant.
After lunch, you are going to explore the city’s main attractions – the Ili Alatau mountains.
The National Park of Ili Alatau was founded in 1996, the park extends for 120km and the total area is 202,292 hectares. The altitude varies from 600 to 5,000 meters.
Medeo is an essential part of the Ili Alatau park and it is a historical object of Almaty’s development as a city. Located at the height of 1,690 meters, the Medeo skating rink is the highest rink location in the world. “The factory of records” is the second name of this skating rink, as 138 world records have been set here thanks to the soft climate, optimal level of radiation, atmospheric pressure of 650 millimeters of mercury, and the cleanest ice water.
However, our main purpose of visit is Shymbulak – a mountain resort located at the elevation of 2,260 meters above sea level. In 1950s, ski lovers used to climb the mountain for 3 hours for a 15 minutes’ descent.
Today’s last stop is Kok Tobe, a park located at an altitude of 1,100 meters on the green hill. Take a ride on comfortable cable car and within 10 minutes, you are admiring the magnificent panoramic view of the city.
Once we come down from the hill, we are going back to the hotel.
07:30 Departure from Almaty to Charyn Canyon (200 km).
Why is it so early? It allows maximum coverage of both canyons and the viewing platforms. Regular bus tour includes visit to Valley of Castles only, whereas our Jeep tour covers at least four more breathtaking places that capture your imagination in the canyons.
Panoramic site - Valley of Castles at Charyn Canyon.
We leave the cars in the parking lot at the descent into the canyon of Valley of Castles. Take a bottle of drinking water and let’s walk down into the gorge. It is a leisurely trek with some stops (50 minutes) at the Charyn River (2 km one way). The tour guide tells you about the differences of Charyn. A short stop (15 minutes) at the river in the shade of trees, you can photograph there and then we return back to the cars (1 hour since it is uphill). 10 min. break beside the cars and then leaving to discover other fascinating landscapes.
Lunch boxes included.
Departure to Lunar Canyon.
Lunar canyon abounds with streams and small waterfalls. The road to the river is full of small rocky obstacles. After visiting the canyon, we visit a view point - Lunar Canyon panorama, top view. Passages are carried out on dirt roads, sometimes there are obstacles, surmountable by car with large clearance only.
Descent inside the Canyon and 20 min. stop to walk around.
Visiting the location - Stone shelf (12 km), location - Napoleon (4 km), location - Austrian view (2 km).
After exploring the area, we head back to the parking and drive back to Almaty city.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
- 2 nights’ Hotel accommodation on BB as per chosen category (DBL/TWN shared) in Astana, 3 nights’ Hotel accommodation on BB as per chosen category (DBL/TWN shared) in Almaty;
- Meals: Breakfasts at the hotels, 1 lunch box at Charyn Canyon;
- All airport transfers;
- Private A/C transport with driver as per program:
- 2 pax – sedan up to 3 seats;
- 3-7 pax – minivan up to 10 seats;
- 8-14 pax – minibus up to 18 seats;
- 15 pax and more coach up to 48 seats.
- JEEP TOUR to Charyn Canyon, 4x4, Toyota Land Cruiser/Similar (3 pax in a car);
- English - speaking guide at both cities;
- Entrance fees to sites listed;
- Ecological fees;
- Mineral water 1L p/p daily;
- International air tickets;
- Domestic Air ticket Astana – Almaty (exact fare is guaranteed after 100% of prepayment and air ticket is issued) – 100 USD (subject to change) p/p;
- Meals: Full board (+3 lunches, 4 dinners) – 130 USD p/p, Half board (4 dinners) – 80 USD p/p;
- Tips and gratuities;
- Any services not included in the above itinerary.
Recommendations when planning your trip:
Museums in Almaty and Falcon show are closed on Mondays.
Temperature is different in and outside the city; therefore, warm clothes are needed when travel outside.
- Some changes are allowed in the program, except reduction of number of booked excursions
- In case place of visit is closed to visitors it will be replaced with an alternative. During big events proposed accommodation may be changed and replaced with a similar category
- Sequence of itinerary and hotels given is subject to change without prior notice.
- Hotel booking is subject to availability. No reservations are made before confirmation and 100% prepayment received from client
- Domestic flights are subject to change in timing and availability. If mentioned flight is not available, it will be changed to convenient one, depending on tour program
- Proposed hotels are not available; it will be substituted with another hotel of same category.
Payment to be made not less than 20 days prior to tourist group arrival at our bank account as per received invoice or by credit card.
Cancellation prior 30 days – no charges apply;
Cancellation prior 20 days – 50% charge of the total price;
Cancellation prior 7 days – 100% charge of the total price.
Prices per person