This 5-day tour to Kazakhstan was designed specifically for those who want to travel from Malaysia, as a new flight from Kuala Lumpur to Almaty has opened. The tour program is multifaceted and reveals all aspects of Kazakh culture: you will see the modern appearance of Kazakhstan, go into nature to the Charyn Canyon and the Shymbulak mountain resort, try Kazakh dishes and get acquainted with the ancient traditions of the once nomadic people of Asia. Also, on March 21, Kazakhstan celebrates the New Year in oriental style, and you will find yourself in a whirlpool of a festive atmosphere. Check out the detailed program of the tour to Kazakhstan for Navruz from Kuala Lumpur, and start preparing for the brightest trip of the coming spring!
On the last day of the Nauryz holiday you will visit Kazakh Ethno-Village “Huns”. The ethno-village is a perfect place for those willing to plunge into and experience the nomadic past of Kazakhs. The village, about 35 km from Almaty in the Talgar district, is also a great way to escape to the mountains for fresh air, horseback riding and to discover Kazakh traditional games and rituals. From the moment of entrance and welcome ritual “shashu” to the horseback riding in the mountains, you will be surrounded by the Kazakh’s culture, hospitality and traditions.
You will enjoy the entertaining program. This includes:
- Show of felt craft and a close look at the yurts with every detail described;
- Performance of “Besikke salu” or “Tusau kesu” rituals, which are still actual in Kazakh families;
- Horse games like “Kyz kuu” – when young man is chasing a girl to kiss her while riding a horse, and “atpen audaryspak” – wrestling of two young men on horseback;
- Traditional dances and music, where guests will be shown moves and take part in group flash mob;
- Master class of cooking “baursak” – traditional Kazakh pastry.
Optionally: guest can request a horseback riding tour for 30 minutes or 1 hour to explore the area and enjoy the nature.
Return to the hotel. Overnight.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
Lunch at the restaurant in territory of the Charyn Canyon (Not included).
Panoramic site - Valley of Castles at Charyn Canyon.
We leave the cars in the parking lot at the descent into the canyon of Valley of Castles. Take a bottle of drinking water and let’s walk down into the gorge. It is a leisurely trek with some stops (50 minutes) at the Charyn river (2 km one way). The tour guide tells you about the differences of Charyn.
Depart to the Almaty city. Transfer to the hotel.
Free time. Overnight.
Nauryz is a holiday that is loved in Kazakhstan; it symbolizes the beginning of spring. They say that if the weather is sunny on this day, it means spring has defeated winter.
Citizens in national clothes will parade on the street, people will sing, dance and have fun. And you will be able to enjoy the amazing atmosphere of the spring festival.
This day you will visit the city’s old center and cover one of the main sites that best highlight Almaty’s history. The first stop is Park of 28 Panfilov soldiers – named after the division during WWII, formed of men from the Almaty region under command of General Ivan Panfilov. The Park itself is popular among locals and guests of the city. Inside the park visitors will find the eternal flame, memorials of different heroic characters, the Ascension Cathedral – Russian Orthodox wooden church that magically withstood a strong earthquake in XX century, and Museum of musical instruments, where you can admire the collection over 1000 exhibits including rare exhibits dating back to XVII century.
Then we stop for lunch at local restaurant.
After lunch, you are going to explore the city’s main attraction – the Ili Alatau mountains.
The National Park of Ili Alatau was founded in 1996, the park extends for 120km and the total area is 202,292 hectares. The altitude varies from 600 to 5,000 meters. Medeo is an essential part of the Ili Alatau Park and it is a historical object of Almaty’s development as a city. Located at the height of 1,690 meters, the Medeo skating rink is the highest rink location in the world. However, our main purpose of visit is Shymbulak – a mountain resort located at the elevation of 2,260 meters above sea level. In 1950s, ski lovers used to climb the mountain for 3 hours for a 15 minutes’ descent. Nowadays, it is a developed resort with high-level equipment and infrastructure.
Today’s last stop is Kok Tobe, a park located at an altitude of 1,100 meters on the green hill, this place is very popular among locals and tourists. Take a ride on comfortable cable car and within 10 minutes, you are admiring the magnificent panoramic view of the city.
Once we come down from the hill, we are going back to the hotel.
Today you can enjoy another touristic attraction of Almaty – “Green Bazaar” or Green market. This is a perfect way to experience the true Eastern market, where you can find main delicacies of different nations living in Kazakhstan.
Shopping in the Green Bazaar. Free time.
17:00 Transfer to the airport.
20:05 Flight to Kuala Lumpur. End of the tour.
Recommendations when planning your trip:
- Museums in Almaty and Green Bazaar are closed on Mondays;
- Temperature is different in and outside the city;
- therefore, warm clothes are needed when travel outside.
- Some changes are allowed in the program, except reduction of number of booked excursions.
- In case place of visit is closed to visitors it will be replaced with an alternative. During big events proposed accommodation may be changed and replaced with a similar category.
- Sequence of itinerary and hotels given is subject to change without prior notice.
- Hotel booking is subject to availability. No reservations are made before confirmation and 100% prepayment received from client.
- Domestic flights are subject to change in timing and availability. If mentioned flight is not available, it will be changed to convenient one, depending on tour program.
- Proposed hotels are not available; it will be substituted with another hotel of same category.
- 4 nights’ Hotel accommodation on BB (DBL/TWN shared) in Almaty Meals: 4 breakfasts at the hotels, 1 lunch at Caryn Canyon, 1 lunch at ethno-village;
- All airport transfers;
Private A/C transport with driver as per program:
- 1-2 pax – sedan up to 3 seats (English speaking guide-driver;
- 3-7 pax – minivan up to 10 seats;
- 8-14 pax – minibus up to 18 seats.
- Locals English - speaking guides services from 3 pax;
- Entrance fees to sites listed;
- Ecological fees;
- Cable car to Kok Tobe and Talgar Pass;
- Mineral water 1L p/p daily.
- International air tickets;
- Meals: full board: + 2 lunch and 5 dinners: 160 USD per person;
- Tips and gratuities;
- Any services not included in the above itinerary.
Prices per person