The nature of Kazakhstan is wonderful: it is diverse and full of contrast, varying from the lofty mountains to the vast and endless expanses of steppe. This Golden Rings of Seven Rivers Jeep Tour gives you the opportunity to experience a pure beauty of Zhetysu region’s nature. In short time you will be surprised how sceneries will be changing every day: Chalk mountains, dunes, canyon and mountain lakes. Therefore, we provide you a jeep tour so you can experience it fully.
After passing border control and collecting luggage, you will be met by a local guide holding your nameplate.
You are going to the hotel for check-in (Check in at 14:00).
Sightseeing tour in Almaty:
This day you will visit the city’s old center and cover one of the main sites that best highlight Almaty’s history. The first stop is Park of 28 Panfilov soldiers – named after the division during WWII, formed of men from the Almaty region under command of General Ivan Panfilov. The park itself is popular among locals and guests of the city. Inside the park visitors will find the eternal flame, memorials of different heroic characters, the Ascension Cathedral – Russian Orthodox wooden church that magically withstood a strong earthquake in XX century, and Museum of musical instruments, where you can admire the collection over 1000 exhibits including rare exhibits dating back to XVII century.
Just in a walking distance, you can enjoy another touristic attraction of Almaty – “Green Bazaar” or Green market. This is a perfect way to experience the true Eastern market, where you could find main delicacies of different nations living in Kazakhstan. Here you might taste the food, bargain and, obviously, buy local tasty goods for a very nice price.
Then we stop for lunch at local restaurant.
Today’s last stop is Kok Tobe Park – located at an altitude of 1100 meters on the green hill, this place is very popular among locals and tourists. Take a ride on comfortable cable car and within 10 minutes, you are admiring the magnificent panoramic view of the city.
Once we come down from the hill, we are going back to the hotel.
Your first stop is Altyn Emel National Park, located 250 km from the city, it is one of the biggest natural parks in Kazakhstan. The name “Altyn Emel” is originated from Mongolian language; the meaning is “Golden Saddle”. The park is a unique combination of diverse natural landscapes, from flat lands to high mountains, which determines the richness of its flora and fauna.
You arrive to Altyn Emel in the afternoon. After having lunch at the guesthouse, you are going to visit Aktau – the white chalk mountains aged 400 millions years. The other name of the mountain is “Lunar” because of its colors. Indeed, blue, white, pink, red and green colors together render it a charming alien touch.
After trekking at Aktau and taking photos at the vista point, you are taken to another natural attraction of the park – 700 years old osier. This is the most popular tree among old-timers. The whole look of the osier reminds the old, wise man that keeps the secret of the meaning of life.
In the evening, we come back to the guesthouse. After dinner, rest and overnight.
Jeep tour: 450 km total distance
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
After we move to another National Park - Charyn, but before we visit Zharkent city - a small town just 30 km from the Chinese border. The town has several places to stop by, including a Dungan Mosque – museum, local church and local market (bazaar).
Lunch at local café.
Charyn canyon is one of the popular and magnificent natural attractions of Kazakhstan, located 220km to the east of Almaty. Charyn is also called a “small brother” of Grand Canyon in the US, as, comparably, the length of Kazakhstan canyon is only 154km, but the beauty of Charyn is unique and cannot be compared to elsewhere in the world.
After leaving Zharkent, within 2 hours of driving, we turn from the main road to the road that leads to “Valley of castles” – the main touristic point of Charyn. There we park the vehicle and start our 40 minutes’ walk inside the canyon until we reach Charyn river. After exploring the area, we head back to the parking and drive further to Kolsay lakes.
We arrive to the guesthouse late in the evening. Time for rest and dinner.
Jeep tour: 480 km total distance
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
The Kolsay Lakes is a group of high mountain lakes at Northern Tien Shan, close to Kyrgyzstan border. The place is for true lovers of nature, surrounded by mountains and coniferous forests, these lakes are located at 1,800m, 2,300m and 2,900m above sea level. No surprise, this area has other names like “The Necklace of Tien Shan” or “Pearls of Zhetysu region”. You will love the landscapes and remember it for long.
This day you can do trekking from the first lake to the second Kolsay lake; it takes around 3-4 hours one way (lunch boxes included). Optionally, take a horseback ride instead and shorten your trip.
If you are not willing to walk, you can just enjoy the untainted nature of Kolsay with its fresh air, marvelous sceneries and ice-clear water. You can even rent a boat to sail on the lake.
Dinner and overnight at guesthouse.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Once we pass off-road area and stop by the slope, you are going for walking until Kaindy lake, where fascinating view of the lake opens from top of the hill. Alternatively, you can get there by horseback, as locals are happy to offer this service for you for additional charge.
On the way back we stop by local house in the village for a tasty homemade lunch.
Once you have partaken of your meal, take a seat, relax and enjoy your ride until we get back to Almaty.
Arrival to the hotel. Dinner at the hotel / or near the hotel. Check – in and overnight.
Jeep tour: 350 km total distance Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner
The National Park of Ili Alatau was founded in 1996, the park is spreading for 120km and the total area is 202,292 hectares. The altitude varies from 600 to 5,000 meters.
Medeo is an essential part of the Ili Alatau park and it is a historical object of Almaty’s development as a city. Located at the height of 1,690 meters, the Medeo skating rink is the highest rink location in the world.
However, our main purpose of visit is Shymbulak – a mountain resort located at the elevation of 2,260 meters above sea level. In 1950s, ski lovers used to climb the mountain for 3 hours for a 15 minutes’ descent. Nowadays, it is a developed resort with high-level equipment and infrastructure.
After we are going to visit the only falcon farm in Kazakhstan – “Sunkar”, where you will enjoy a spectacular show with specially trained hawks - hunting with them is one of the unique features of the Kazakh way of life. Five species of predators including golden and bold eagles, owl, vulture and falcon take part in the show and interact with the spectators.
Another stop on the way is the Park of the First President.
Transfer to the hotel and overnight.
- Private A/C transport with driver as per program:
- 2 pax – sedan up to 3 seats;
- 3-7 pax – minivan up to 10 seats;
- 8-14 pax – minibus up to 18 seats;
- 15 pax and more coach up to 42 seats.
Note: In Almaty region guests will have a Jeep tour, SUVs, 4WD (2-5 days), 3 pax per car:
- Toyota Land Cruiser (similar).
- 3 nights' accommodation in the hotel in Almaty city on BB in DBL/TWIN; 1 night accommodation in guesthouse at Altyn Emel National Park (TWIN shared); 2 nights' accommodation in mountain resort at Kolsay Lakes.
PLEASE NOTE: accommodation at Kolsay Lakes:
- Group of 2-20 pax on Twin sharing basis;
- Groups of 21- 30 pax QDRL rooms (4 persons per room) *, TWIN rooms.
- Ecological fees in accordance with the program
- Sightseeing tours according to the program
- English speaking guide services
- Entrance tickets
- Meal: breakfasts, full board in Almaty region days: 2-5
- Hunting birds show at Falcon farm
- Mineral water 1L p/p daily
- International air tickets;
- SGL accommodation;
- Meal: supplement for 2 lunches and 2 dinners in Almaty city: 70 USD per person / 2 lunches: 30 USD per person;
- Horseback riding at Kolsay Lakes – from 25 USD per person;
- Personal expenses.
Recommendations when planning your trip:
Green Bazaar, Museum of musical instruments and Falcon show are closed on Mondays.
Temperature is different in and outside the city; therefore, warm clothes are needed when travel outside.
Due to limited number of rooms at guesthouses in Altyn Emel and Kolsay national parks, booking has to be done in advance.
Recommended number of people in one group when travelling to Almaty region – 20 pax.
Rooms at guesthouses include:
- Altyn Emel: 13 rooms with WC/shower inside the room, the rest has facilities on the floor;
- Saty guesthouse: up to 10 rooms only (only 2 with WC/shower inside;
- Kolsay Lakes Town: mostly double rooms (1 king size bed), twin rooms with 3 beds inside, but WC/shower on the floor (common).
Transport during jeep tour:
- Toyota Land Cruiser, Mitsubishi Pajero, Nissan Patrol, etc. – 3 pax per car;
- Toyota Sequoia – 5 pax per car.
- Some changes are allowed in the program, except reduction of number of booked excursions.
- In case place of visit is closed to visitors it will be replaced with an alternative. During big events proposed accommodation may be changed and replaced with a similar category.
- Sequence of itinerary and hotels given is subject to change without prior notice.
- Hotel booking is subject to availability. No reservations are made before confirmation and 100% prepayment received from client.
- Domestic flights are subject to change in timing and availability. If mentioned flight is not available, it will be changed to convenient one, depending on tour program.
- Proposed hotels are not available; it will be substituted with another hotel of same category.
Payment to be made not less than 20 days prior to tourist group arrival at our bank account as per received invoice or by credit card.
Cancellation prior 30 days – no charges apply;
Cancellation prior 20 days – 50% charge of the total price;
Cancellation prior 7 days – 100% charge of the total price.
Prices per person