By choosing the Cultural Day Tour to Samarkand from Tashkent by "Afrosiyob" Train, you will see the whole architectural grandeur of one of the most ancient cities in the world. The Samarkand monuments like shabby pages of history, by “skimming” of which, you can learn the history of the great city. Structures, built mainly under Amir Timur, his grandson Ulugbek and other rulers from the Temurid dynasty have survived in Samarkand up to date. For one sightseeing day you will see the best-known sights of Samarkand: Registan Square, the Gur-Emir Mausoleum, Shakhi-Zinda complex, Ulugbek Observatory and Bibi-Khanum Mosque.
Morning transfer to the railway station for the high-speed train, Afrosiyob, ride to Samarkand (journey time 2 h 10 min). A guide and driver will meet you at the station, which is a starting point of the Samarkand tour. The tour program includes visits to Gur-Emir Mausoleum, Registan Square, Bibi Khanum Mosque, Shahi-Zinda Necropolis, Ulugbek Observatory and the central Samarkand Bazaar. You will be transferred to the railway station for train ride back to Tashkent. On arrival, transfer to the hotel. End of the tour.
- Economy-class ticket for train Tashkent-Samarkand-Tashkent (on rare occasions when the high-speed train is unavailable, we will replace it with the most-comfortable class of regular train);
- Guided sightseeing tour in Samarkand;
- Entrance fees to the museums, mausoleums and other sights;
- Transport to/from the train station and throughout the Samarkand tour.
Price doesn't include:
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Travel insurance.
Prices per person
The tour is private with your personal guide. There will be no other people joining the tour.
Our guides will follow your own pace.
The starting time of the tour is up to you and may vary from 09.00 am to 16.00 pm.
We are happy to offer this tour for air/train passengers too. Our guide will meet you at the arrival station.