Samarkand was once the capital of vast empires that stretched across Asia, and was a center of knowledge and science. Explore medieval architectural masterpieces like Gur-Emir, the mausoleum that holds Timur and those close to him, and Registan, a spectacular site in the center of Samarkand that is the city’s signature monument. Samarkand is also famous for its intellectual and technological achievements: Samarkand was one of the first places outside of China to produce paper from mulberry trees, and masters continue to make paper with the same techniques and high standards to this day. Next to the beautiful mosques and mausoleums in Samarkand is Ulugbek’s Observatory, where astronomers calculated the length of a year with less than a minute error. For a short trip, the Two-Day Samarkand Tour is the best tour for introducing you to the medieval world of Central Asia.
- All transfers 1-2 pax by sedan type car; 3-7 pax by minivan type car; 8-13 pax by 30 seat bus, 14 pax and more by 40-50 seat bus;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program with a local guide;
- Entrance fees to the sights as per itinerary;
- Business/Economy-class ticket for train Tashkent – Samarkand – Tashkent as per option (on rare occasions when the high-speed train is unavailable, we will replace this with the most-comfortable class of regular train).
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Full board (lunch and dinner);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Samarkand - 1 night|
|Platan, Meros, Orient, Malika Prime, Rabat, City, Billuri Sitora, Arba, Jahongir, Caravan Serail||Sultan, Grand Samarkand Superior, Grand Samarkand, Platan, Malika Prime, Asia Samarkand|