Short but rather intensive train tour to Armenia from Tbilisi is an excellent offer for those who have already got to know Georgia. In four days, you will see the most popular religious and architectural monuments that seize more than 2000 years of Armenian history.
Explore Yerevan, pink city and capital of Armenia; the well-known religious center Echmiadzin, where one of the first Christian temples is located; Garni, Greco-Roman style architecture; stone monastery Gherard and the Sevan Lake, one of the largest high-mountainous fresh water lakes in the world. You will visit Noravank monastery and Khor-Virap, and the town of Areni famous for pomegranate and apricots wines.
If you are lucky to be in Tbilisi, expand the list of visited countries and meet this amazing country named Armenia.
After breakfast depart Yerevan to the Holy See of Armenia, Etchmiadzin. Visit Etchmiadzin Cathedral, which is the residence of the head of the Armenian Apostolic Church, the Catholicos of All Armenians, and ancient temple of St. Hripsime. Return to Yerevan, one of the oldest cities of the world. Yerevan is famous as a pink city and calls visitors with its humble and at the same time splendid landscapes. Start the city tour with a visit to the 572-step Cascade Monument, which serves as the main symbol of the city. The mega scale staircase is 500 meters high and 50 meters wide. A panoramic view from the monument opens up breathtaking city view with Opera House, Mount Ararat, Swan Lake, Republic Square, and Abovyan Avenue, which you will also walk by during the tour. An excellent round-up of the tour will be a visit to Matenadaran – depository of Ancient Manuscripts. Overnight at hotel.
At 20:30, transfer airport or to train station. Depart to Tbilisi on overnight train at 21:30. Arrival at Tbilisi Central on the next morning at 07:50.
- All transfers in Armenia (1-2 pax by Sedan, 3-4 pax by Mercedes Vito, 5-12 pax by Mercedes Sprinter);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Breakfast on arrival from Tbilisi;
- Guided sightseeing tour as per itinerary;
- All entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Wine tasting at Areni winery;
- Tickets for overnight train Tbilisi-Yerevan-Tbilisi (compartment for two persons).
- Lunches and dinners;
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Early check-in to hotel on day 2, late check-out on day 4;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Transfers in Tbilisi.
|Yerevan - 2 nights|
|Cascade, Ani Central Inn, Hrazdan or similar||DoubleTree by Hilton Yerevan, Opera Suite, Grand Yerevan, Tufenkian or similar|