The tour is offered from April to October.
Son-Kul is a national pride of Kyrgyz people. A big lake with hundreds of kilometers of the shore line was inhabited for a very long time. Tracks of that ancient civilization can still be met on the shores of Son-Kul. This 8-day Kyrgyzstan Mountain Life Tour will allow you to learn many interesting facts about the history and culture of people living on Kyrgyz land as well as enjoy wonderful views of snow-capped mountains standing above the turquoise lake. Besides, the tour program includes a city walk in the capital of Kyrgyzstan – Bishkek.
In front of the cliffs there are flat mountain slopes, thickly overgrown with grass and pine trees. Especially romantic look has the rock "Broken Heart", located at the entrance to the gorge. Jeti-Oguz is also famous for its hot springs rich in radon and hydrogen sulfide. There is a resort where the springs hit out of the ground, at the altitude of 2200 m.
The water in springs is useful for the treatment of rheumatism, gastric and nervous system diseases. Climbing higher, you can reach the pan of Kok-Dzhayyk with wonderful views of the gorge, or the Valley of Flowers strewn with poppies. At the upper part of Jets-Oguz there are also mountain lakes and roaring waterfalls.
After hiking in the Gorge transfer to Karakol town.Lunch in a local café. Sightseeing tour: visit to the museum of M.V. Prejvalsky, one of the world’s greatest explorers. His main achievements were crossing of the great desertTaklamakan and discovering more than 4000 animals, including the Horse of Prejevalsky. Later, you will visit the Dungan mosque. One of its unique aspect is the fact that it was built in Chinese style without using a single metal nail. This will be followed by the visit to an old wooden Orthodox Church. Dinner with Uigur family. Kyrgyzstan is multiethnic country and today you will have a chance to taste Uigur food and get acquainted with their culture and traditions. Overnight at the hotel.
- Twin room accommodation, including early check in on day 1;
- Meals – groups of 1-4 people - as stated in the program; groups of 5-10 people – full board;
- All transfers;
- Sightseeing tour program with English speaking guide (except for the day 8 – transfer to the airport);
- Entrance fees to sights according to the program;
- Mineral water.
- Felt carpet workshop in Kochkor
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Single supplement;
- Camera/video fees at the sights;
- Consular fees paid upon collection of the entrance visa to Kyrgyzstan;
- Kyrgyzstan visa support;
- Registration in Kyrgyzstan (if required);
- Payment for early check in and late check out (check in time is at 13-14.00, check out time is at 12.00);
- International airfares;
- Horse riding;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Personal insurance and items not mentioned above.
|Bishkek - 2 nights|
|B hotel, Asia Mountains or similar||Plaza, Park Hotel, Ambassador or similar|
|Son Kul - 1 night|
|Yurts (2 people in one yurt)||Yurts (2 people in one yurt)|
|Tash-Rabat - 1 night|
|Yurts (5-6 people in one yurt)||Yurts (5-6 people in one yurt)|
|Kochkor - 1 night|
|Guest house||Guest house|
|Karakol - 1 night|
|Green Yard, Karagat or similar||Green Yard, Karagat or similar|
|Cholpon-Ata - 1 night|
|Raduga, The Try Korony or similar||Raduga, The Try Korony or similar|