The Small Group Tour to Termez takes you from Tashkent into one of the most fascinating and least-traveled corners of Uzbekistan. After a guided tour of Termez, one of the oldest cities in Central Asia known as an ancient Buddhist center, you will venture into the exotic terrain of Surxondaryo Region, where the exquisite Sangardek Waterfall, remote Boysun village and forbidding Derbent Canyon await you!
The Small Group Tour to Termez is a great way to experience Uzbekistan over the spring holiday and expand your appreciation of the region.
Group size: 4-8 pax (minimum 4 participants required)
Upon your scheduled arrival to Termez at 10:05am, a driver and guide will meet you at the airport to begin your sightseeing tour of Termez. The tour will include:
- Kokildor-Ota Khanaka, (16th century), a former retreat center for Sufi dervishes;
- Kirk Kiz Fortress (9th-10th centuries), summer residence of Samani rulers;
- Sultan Saodat Ensemble, (12th-15th centuries), including graves of the great Sayyid Dynasty of Termez;
- Zurmala (2nd-1st centuries BC), a 12-meter-high Buddhist stupa;
- Kara-Tepe and Fayaz-Tepe (1st century BC- 1st century AD), fascinating Buddhist archaeological sites;
- Archaeology Museum, with exhibits discovered in the Termez region.
Meals provided: none
Sangardak Waterfall is one of the most beautiful and refreshing destinations in Surkhandarya Region. Its numerous streams, which flow down a rocky slope from several springs, are known to produce many rainbows on a sunny day.
Enjoy a picnic lunch* at the waterfall before driving to Boysun, a village hidden in the stunning Gissar Range. Many unique traditions of Surxondaryo Region are still practiced in Boysun, which has been recognized by UNESCO for its cultural value.
Relax over dinner before overnighting at the guesthouse in Boysun.
Meals provided: breakfast, dinner
*Participants are responsible for packing and bringing their own lunch and snacks.
You will pass through Derbent village, which once served as the main transit point between central and southern Uzbekistan. Admire the Iron Gates, one of the most famous landmarks in Derbent Canyon whose sheer cliffs reach 50 meters in height.
Drive to Karshi (~2 hours) to catch the high-speed Afrosiyob train, which departs for Tashkent at 16:46. Arrive to the main train station in Tashkent at 20:10. End of Small Group Tour to Termez.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned minivan;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room (2 nights, with breakfast);
- Sightseeing program in Termez with local guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary;
- Dinner in the Boysun guest house.
- Tour leader to accompany travellers for the full duration of the tour;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Tashkent-Termez flight ticket and Karshi-Tashkent train ticket;
- Travel insurance.
|Termez - 1 night|
|Boysun - 1 night|