This two-day tour takes you to Nukus and Khiva, two of the most important cultural sites in Uzbekistan. Igor Savitsky arrived in the Autonomous Republic of Karakalpakstan in the 1950s, and soon acquired a large collection of ethnographic materials about the people of Central Asia, plus the works of Soviet avant-garde artists who were banned by the state. The Savitsky Museum today is one of the most incredible museums in the world, with a collection unrivaled anywhere else.
The second day of the tour is taken up by Khiva, an excellent example of a wholly-preserved ancient city. As an open-air museum, Khiva is perfect for a stroll through narrow streets and intricately-decorated monuments, just to feel what the city was centuries ago, at the height of the Silk Road. For those with just a little time to spare, this Nukus and Khiva Tour is perfect for bringing you to the best museums in Uzbekistan.
*Guide for sightseeing tour in Nukus is not included and is available upon request.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 5 hours
- All transfers: 1-3 travellers by sedan type car; 4-8 travellers by van type car;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Entrance ticket and guided tour at Savitsky Art Museum;
- Sightseeing tour program in Khiva with local guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary.
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Tickets for flights Tashkent-Nukus and Urgench-Tashkent;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Charges in hotel for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Khiva - 1 night|
|Malika Kheivak, Orient Star, Malika Khiva, Qosha Darvoza, Old Khiva||Asia Khiva, Bek Khiva|