A cultural 2-Day tour to Nukus and Khiva, cities located in the north-west of Uzbekistan. It is amazing to know how the capital of Autonomous Republic of Karakalpakstan – Nukus – became a home to a unique museum named after Igor Savitsky, who collected works of Russian avant-garde painters censored by Soviet regime. There you will not only see rare paintings of eminent Soviet avant-gardists such as A. Volkov, Usto Mumin, R. Falk, A. Serov, U. Tansykbaev and others. Along with the Soviet avant-garde the museum has a large collection of arts and crafts of the Karakalpaks and peoples of Central Asia.
You will visit the ruins of defense fortresses of Ancient Khorezm, scattered around the desert. Spend the second day in UNESCO World Heritage site Itchan-Kala Fortress, living museum under the open sky in Khiva.
*Guide for sightseeing tour in Nukus is not included and is available upon request.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 5 hours
- All transfers: 1-3 travellers by sedan type car; 4-8 travellers by van type car;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Entrance ticket and guided tour at Savitsky Art Museum;
- Sightseeing tour program in Khiva with local guide;
- Entrance fees to sights as per itinerary.
- Tour leader to accompany the travellers for the whole period of the tour;
- Tickets for flights Tashkent-Nukus and Urgench-Tashkent;
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Charges in hotel for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Khiva - 1 night|
|Malika Kheivak, Orient Star, Malika Khiva, Qosha Darvoza, Old Khiva||Asia Khiva, Bek Khiva|