During this 5-day Turkmenistan group tour, you'll explore the monuments of ancient Merv, discover the medieval mausoleums and minarets in Kunya-Urgench, and visit the unique attractions of Ashgabat. You'll also journey to the Darvaza gas crater, where you'll enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the Karakum desert. This scheduled tour can easily be combined with the Scheduled Uzbekistan Group Tour or taken as part of the Silk Road Group Tour, which covers 5 Stans and the South Caucasus.
If you're travelling alone or just with a few friends or family members, we encourage you to join our Turkmenistan Small Group Tour. This is because travelling as part of a larger group increases the likelihood of you being granted a visa for Turkmenistan.
Due to the unstable situation with COVID-19 which has led to complicated visa requirements, ever-changing entry rules for the Silk Road countries and a current lack of international flights to the countries on our itineraries, we have made the decision to cancel all of our group tours scheduled for 2021. We are still happy to offer you a private tour or a group tour scheduled for 2022.
Duration of sightseeing tour: 4-5 hours
- Accommodation based on double room sharing throughout the tour, breakfasts included;
- Transportation throughout the tour, including airports/train stations pick up and drop offs;
- Sightseeing with a local English speaking guide in each city;
- Entrance tickets to the museums, mausoleums and other sights;
- Economy class ticket for flight flight Ashgabat-Mary-Ashgabat, Dashoguz-Ashgabat;
- Turkmenistan visa support letter;
- Utensils and necessary equipment for staying in tents (sleeping bags, sleeping mats, pillows, dining table, chairs);
- Camp style dinner and breakfast at Darvaza crater (days 3-4);
- Tour leader to accompany travelers for the whole period of the tour.
- Charges in hotels for additional services;
- Consular fees for Turkmenistan tourist visa;
- Camera fees, charged separately by museums;
- Travel insurance;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Full board (lunch and dinner);
- A tax of 2 USD per night in Turkmenistan, paid to the hotel upon check out;
- Turkmenistan migration tax - 14 USD.
|Ashgabat - 3 nights|
|Sport, Ak Altyn, Grand Turkmen|
|Darvaza - 1 night|
|Tents (optional alternative: yurt shared with other group members)|