Discover the country with outstanding examples of medieval Georgian architecture, millennia traditions, rich culture and history with the 4-day Georgia highlights tour. You will visit Svetitskhoveli, the main cathedral in Mtskheta, Metekhi Church in Tbilisi, learn traditions of Georgian winemaking in Napareuli village, reach Gergeti Holy Trinity Church located at an altitude of 2170 m and enjoy breathtaking views of Mt Kazbegi. Georgia highlights tour will gift you a wide spectrum of emotions and become an experience you will never forget.
You will start your journey in Georgia with visiting Mtskheta, one of the oldest towns and the cultural and religious centre of Georgia. Mtskheta was the capital of the Eastern Georgian Kingdom of Iberia from the third century BC. Visit Svetitskhoveli сathedral known as the burial site of Christ's robe and the second largest church building in the country. The cathedral has long been the principal Georgian church and remains one of the most venerated places of worship to this day. Return to Tbilisi for city tour. Visit Metekhi church and monument to Vakhtang Gorgasali, the legendary founder of Tbilisi. Take a cable car to Narikala Fortress to enjoy breathtaking panoramic view of the city. Walk down to the district of Sulfur bath houses passing by the only mosque in Tbilisi. Stroll through the Sharden area full of narrow streets with cozy cafés, wine tasting bars, souvenir shops, and breathe in the living past. Visit Sioni Cathedral, Anchiskhati Basilica, and the clock tower of famous Rezo Gabriadze Theatre. Overnight at the hotel.
- All transfers 1-2 pax by sedan type car; 3-4 pax by minivan type car; 5-12 pax by 18 seat bus;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- English speaking guide to accompany the travellers (days 1-3);
- Sightseeing tour program;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Winetasting at “Twins” winery (day 2);
- Mineral water (0.5 l per person a day);
- 4x4 wheel drive to Gergety Holy Trinity Church in Kazbegi.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Tbilisi - 3 nights|
|Tiflis or similar||River Side, Citrus or similar||Tiflis Palace, Ambassadori or similar|