Only 8 days and so many impressions to take! Travel across Georgia: old monuments, historical castles and churches, excellent food and wine, cozy hotels and so hospitable and romantic Georgians.
After lunch, drive to Mtskheta, one of the oldest towns and the cultural and religious centre of Georgia. Mtskheta was the capital of the Eastern Georgian Kingdom of Iberia from the third century BC. Visit Svetitskhoveli, the main cathedral of Mtskheta and a sacred place where the robe of Christ is being kept. Return to Tbilisi. Overnight at the hotel.
In the afternoon, head to mysterious Svaneti region through Inguri gorge. The region is home to a special ethnic group of people – heroic and courageous Svans – distinguished by their culture, traditions and customs from the rest of Georgia. Svaneti is also known for its original architecture and is called “the Country of Thousand Towers”, which had played both economic and defensive functions. Mestia still has dozens of such medieval stone houses with the watchtowers and inhabited towers that were used to protect valleys and churches (10-14th centuries). Visit Svan original house “machubi” and tower “koshki”. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan, 3-4 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 5-10 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program with English speaking guide;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Two dinners in Mestia;
- Wine tasting in Kakheti region;
- Separate 4x4 car drive to Gergeti trinity church in Kazbegi;
- Mineral water (0,5l per person per day).
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated;
- Personal travel insurance.
|Tbilisi - 3 nights|
|Tiflis or similar||River Side, Citrus or similar||Tiflis Palace, Ambassadori or similar|
|Kutaisi - 2 nights|
|Old Town, Empire or similar||King David, Argo Boutique or similar||Best Western Congress|
|Mestia - 2 nights|
|Villa Mestia or similar guesthouse||Tetnuldi or similar||Tetnuldi or similar|