Discover the fascinating 2,000+ year history of Georgia’s Jewish community as you visit several major Jewish settlements and their beautiful synagogues on this 9-day Georgia Jewish Heritage Tour. Learn about the origins and history of Jews in the country, how Jewish people have practiced their faith and culture here over many years, and how the community endured during the years of Soviet repression. Get to know Georgia’s small, but vibrant, community of Jews today – meet the locals and find out about their lifestyle and institutions, taste traditional Georgian-Jewish dishes, and hear the unique Judeo-Georgian language. In addition, explore some of Georgia’s other historical and tourism highlights.
Please note: If requested, we will try to arrange an opportunity to join prayer services (Shacharit, Mincha, or Maariv), and/or a Shabbat dinner/celebration. However, this will depend on the travel dates, itinerary, and synagogue schedules, and cannot be guaranteed.
Optional excursion with guide and driver (at no extra charge) to Makhuntseti Waterfall and the Adjarian Wine House. You’ll have the opportunity to taste wine made from Chkhaveri grapes, which are harvested only in western Georgia. The culture of winemaking has been preserved for centuries in the small town of Keda.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan, 3-4 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 5-10 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour programme with local, English-speaking guide;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- First class ticket on train Batumi – Tbilisi;
- Lunch at a kosher restaurant on Day 1;
- Dinner and wine tasting at Toma’s Marani on Day 5;
- Home-cooked dinner on Day 4;
- Bottled mineral water (500ml per person per day).
- Full board (lunches and dinners not specified in the itinerary);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips/gratuities for driver and guide (although they would be appreciated).
|Akhaltsikhe - 2 nights|
|Almi guesthouse, Beni, Lotus, Tiflis||Lomsia, Gino Wellness Rabati||Lomsia, Gino Wellness Rabati|
|Kutaisi - 2 nights|
|Terrace Kutaisi, Sanapiro, Green Town, Ponte||King David, Solomon Kutaisi, Aria Resort, Prometheus Epic||Best Western Kutaisi, Grand Opera, Newport|
|Oni - 1 night|
|Guesthouse Gallery, or similar||Guesthouse Gallery, or similar||Guesthouse Gallery, or similar|
|Batumi - 1 night|
|Bloom, O Galogre, New wave, Piazza Four Colors||JRW Welmond, Divan Suites, Best Western Premier Batumi||Wyndham, Grand Gloria|
|Tbilisi - 2 nights|
|Old Kopala, Ramada By Wyndham Tbilisi Old City, Tiflis, Brigitte, Abanotubani Hotel||River Side, Ibis Styles, New Tiflis, The House Hotel Old Tbilisi||Ambassadori, Tiflis Palace, Wyndham Grand, Rooms Hotel|