Combine cultural and historical tourism with visits to the best ski resorts in the Caucasus Ski Tour. You will get to compare the slopes at resorts such as Shahdag, Gudauri and Tsakhkadzor, without missing out on visits to the main sights of the capital cities of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia. Start with a tour of Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, before hitting the slopes at Shahdag. Mount Shahdag itself reaches 4,243 m (13,920 ft) above sea level, and there are many kilometers of skiing available at the resort. Continue by exploring Tbilisi, Georgia’s cozy capital, and then heading into the Caucasus Mountains for several days at Gudauri, a perfect place for experts, novices, and those just looking to relax. Finish up in Armenia, with a tour of Yerevan and a trip to Tsakhkadzor, a historic and scenic destination with fine ski routes. For those that love winter sports and traveling, the Caucasus Ski Tour is the best tour to fit all your interests together.
In the afternoon, depart to Shahdag (210 km, 3-4 hours). Overnight at the hotel.
In the afternoon, depart to Gudauri ski resort (120 km, 2 h). The route will take over the Georgian Military Highway up North towards the border with Russia. On the way, stop at Jvari Church, a true architectural masterpiece of the early Medieval Period overlooking the confluence of Aragvi and Mtkvari rivers from the top of the hill. Continue to Ananuri Complex, beautifully overlooking the Jinvali reservoir. Reach Gudauri, check in to hotel. Spend your evening at fireplace enjoying traditional dishes of Georgian cuisine and having a glass of red Georgian wine. Overnight at the hotel.
Overnight at the hotel.
Afternoon drive back to Tbilisi for overnight train to Yerevan (20:20 – 06:55). Overnight in sleeping compartment.
One of the oldest cities of the world, Yerevan is famous as a pink city and calls visitors with its humble and at the same time splendid landscapes. Start the city tour with a visit to the 572-step Cascade Monument, which serves as the main symbol of the city. The mega scale staircase is 500 meters high and 50 meters wide. A panoramic view from the monument opens up breathtaking city view with Opera House, Mount Ararat, Swan Lake, Republic Square, and Abovyan Avenue, which you will also walk by during the tour. Continue to the Armenian Genocide memorial complex on the hill of Tsitsernakaberd. In the evening, enjoy farewell dinner and traditional folklore show. Overnight at the hotel.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan, 3-5 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 6-12 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van);
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each country with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Dinner in Yerevan (day 9);
- Economy class ticket for flight Baku-Tbilisi;
- E-visa to Azerbaijan;
- Mineral water;
- Ticket for overnight train Tbilisi-Yerevan in compartment for two.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- All skiing related expenses;
- Personal travel insurance;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated.