Join us in exploring the wine region of Georgia Kakheti in the harvest season. We will begin our journey in Tbilisi, the Georgian city renowned for its hospitality, vibrancy, and gastronomy, and continue to Kakheti to experience the piquant flavors and natural splendor of this region. You will travel through the landscape of rolling hills and vineyards, stopping at four different wineries to sample top-rated wines in Georgia. The first stop in Vardisubani is an intentional, as it introduces you to a family making Qvevri for centuries. The Qvevri is a crucial tool in the production of Georgian wine, and the family’s century-old expertise in the process is simply fascinating. We will then continue to the historical Tsinandali Estate and renowned Shumi winery to try iconic Georgian wines. Finally, grab your chance to participate in Rtveli, a dayslong celebration of grape harvest accompanied by a traditional Georgian lunch featuring an array of fresh local products paired with wine at a local winery. Book Georgia Wine and Grape Picking Group Tour with us and learn about Georgian winemaking processes from your guide and practice it yourself!
Overnight at the hotel.
Continue to Shumi Winery, situated in the historical center of Georgian winemaking Tsinandali Village. The Company Shumi founded a wine museum “Vazioni” a private museum that displays 294 unique Georgian indigenous and 92 foreign kinds of grapes. After visiting the museum, a delicious lunch and wine tasting will be offered us at Shumi. Last stop for today will be Tsinandali, the residence of dukes of Georgia with a beautiful English garden, a museum, and the wine cellar which belonged to prince Chavchavadze, 19th century public figure and poet. Overnight at the hotel.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, 3 wine tastings
A local family winery will welcome us their premises, distribute hand gloves and baskets, and we will then travel to the vineyard. Rtveli takes place every year during September. After we have picked enough, we will return to the winery. «The drink of Gods» is produced here according to ancient local tradition of fermenting and aging the wine in clay vessels called “qvevri”, which we will have already seen in the qvevri-making family. We will even participate in squeezing the juice out of grapes! You will then try yourself at cooking traditional Georgian cheese bread “khachapuri” and dessert “churchkhela”. Finally, a gastronomic adventure awaits us as we will experience traditional Kakhetian feast “supra” accompanied by folklore singers. Georgian food, wine, chacha and songs are a blend which will remain long in your hearts!
In the evening we will return to Tbilisi for overnight at the hotel.
Meals: breakfast, lunch
To enhance your travel experience in Georgia, consider Advantour one-day tour offers, such as the trip to Kazbegi or a journey to “Georgian Vatican” Mtskheta, rock-hewn city Uplistikhe, and Stalin museum.
If you opt for spending the day in the capital, we suggest the following places and activities:
- Georgian National Museum on Rustaveli Avenue – to visit the “Archaeological Treasury” exhibition;
- National Gallery on Rustaveli Avenue – to see the works of the famous Georgian artists Niko Pirosmani, David Kakabadze, and Lado Gudiashvili;
- Tbilisi flea market at Dry Bridge – where you can find antiquities (many of which are from the Soviet era), paintings by local artists, and handmade Georgian souvenirs;
- David Agmashenebeli Avenue – a recently-renovated pedestrian street full of historical buildings that have beautiful facades in the art nouveau, pseudo gothic, and classicist styles with a mix of typical Georgian ornamentation and balconies. All along the street there are plenty of cozy art cafés, galleries, shops, and wine bars;
- Dezertirebi Bazaar – which sells local, natural products including Georgian sweets (such as churchkhela); various types of dried fruits, nuts, and spices; and Georgian cheeses;
- Funicular railway to Mtatsminda Mountain – which offers a beautiful view of Tbilisi;
- Wander in Sololaki – a neighborhood full of art nouveau houses;
- For nature lovers, we offer a day hike to Birtvisi Canyon and Fortress. Contact us to find out more.
For those who are interested in culture, we suggest visiting the State Opera House of Georgia to enjoy a ballet or opera performance (opera.ge). You can find out what other cultural events are on in Tbilisi, and book tickets, at tkt.ge.
- All transfers (1-2 pax by sedan, 3-4 pax by Mercedes Vito or similar, 5-10 pax by Mercedes Sprinter passenger van, 11-15 pax by midibus);
- Accommodation at 4* hotels based on double/twin room sharing with breakfasts;
- Sightseeing tour program with English speaking guide;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Meals: 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner;
- Four wine tastings;
- Bottled drinking water.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Tips are not included, but would be appreciated.
Dates & Prices
Group size: 2-15 persons
Please note that itinerary and prices are subject to change due to airline and train schedule changes, currency fluctuations and other unforeseeable events.
We strongly recommend NOT to purchase airline tickets for 2025 tours without discussing it with your travel consultant.