This tour also runs as an extension to Central Asia group tour with guaranteed departure dates.
Participants need to be in good health, be able to walk for 4-6 hours every day at moderate speed, climb stairs and hills, and be able to carry their own luggage for up to 1 km across borders.
At 18:00, meet your guide and other group members in the hotel lobby. Enjoy welcome dinner at national restaurant. Overnight at the hotel.
Driving distance: 30 km
Driving distance: 10 km
Driving distance: 220 km
Driving distance: 340 km
Driving distance: 180 km
Driving distance: 150 km
Driving distance: 10 km
Driving distance: 210 km
Driving distance: 250 km
Advantour offers an optional culinary masterclass on traditional Georgian food. The masterclass includes 3-4 dishes and snacks and takes 4-5 hours. It should be booked in advance. The price is 60 USD per person.
We suggest the following activities and places to visit in Tbilisi:
- Georgian National Museum on Rustaveli Avenue – to visit the “Archaeological Treasury” exhibition;
- National Gallery on Rustaveli Avenue – to see the works of the famous Georgian artists Niko Pirosmani, David Kakabadze, and Lado Gudiashvili;
- Tbilisi flea market at Dry Bridge – where you can find antiquities (many of which are from the Soviet era), paintings by local artists, and handmade Georgian souvenirs;
- David Agmashenebeli Avenue – a recently-renovated pedestrian street full of historical buildings that have beautiful facades in the art nouveau, pseudo gothic, and classicist styles with a mix of typical Georgian ornamentation and balconies. All along the street there are plenty of cozy art cafés, galleries, shops, and wine bars;
- Dezertirebi Bazaar – which sells local, natural products including Georgian sweets (such as churchkhela); various types of dried fruits, nuts, and spices; and Georgian cheeses;
- Funicular railway to Mtatsminda Mountain – which offers a beautiful view of Tbilisi;
- Wander in Sololaki – a neighborhood full of art nouveau houses.
For those who are interested in culture, we suggest visiting the State Opera House of Georgia to enjoy a ballet or opera performance (opera.ge). You can find out what other cultural events are on in Tbilisi, and book tickets, at tkt.ge.
Driving distance: 370 km
Driving distance: 50 km
Driving distance: 260 km
Driving distance: 290 km
Driving distance: 80 km
- All transfers;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each country with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Dinners in Baku (day 1), Tbilisi (day 7), Yerevan (day 15);
- Two wine tastings (at Khareba (Georgia) and Areni (Armenia) wine factories);
- E-visa to Azerbaijan.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour.
|Baku - 3 nights|
|Park Inn, Intourist|
|Sheki - 1 night|
|Sheki Saray, Sheki Palace, Marxal|
|Telavi - 1 night|
|Akhasheni Wine Resort|
|Tbilisi - 4 nights|
|River Side, Ibis, Citrus, New Tiflis|
|Gudauri - 1 night|
|Yerevan - 4 nights|
|DoubleTree by Hilton|
|Goris - 1 night|