This tour also runs as an extension to Central Asia group tour with guaranteed departure dates.
For the itinerary and prices for this tour in 2020, please check here.
Participants need to be in good health, be able to walk for 4-6 hours every day at moderate speed, climb stairs and hills, and be able to carry their own luggage for up to 1 km across borders.
At 18:00, meet your guide and other group members in the hotel lobby. Enjoy welcome dinner at national restaurant. Overnight at the hotel.
Driving distance: 30 km
Driving distance: 10 km
Driving distance: 220 km
Driving distance: 340 km
Driving distance: 180 km
Driving distance: 150 km
Driving distance: 10 km
Driving distance: 210 km
Driving distance: 250 km
Advantour offers an optional culinary masterclass on traditional Georgian food. The masterclass includes 3-4 dishes and snacks and takes 4-5 hours. It should be booked in advance. The price is 60 USD per person.
We suggest the following activities and places to visit in Tbilisi:
- Georgian National Museum on Rustaveli Avenue – to visit the “Archaeological Treasury” exhibition;
- National Gallery on Rustaveli Avenue – to see the works of the famous Georgian artists Niko Pirosmani, David Kakabadze, and Lado Gudiashvili;
- Tbilisi flea market at Dry Bridge – where you can find antiquities (many of which are from the Soviet era), paintings by local artists, and handmade Georgian souvenirs;
- David Agmashenebeli Avenue – a recently-renovated pedestrian street full of historical buildings that have beautiful facades in the art nouveau, pseudo gothic, and classicist styles with a mix of typical Georgian ornamentation and balconies. All along the street there are plenty of cozy art cafés, galleries, shops, and wine bars;
- Dezertirebi Bazaar – which sells local, natural products including Georgian sweets (such as churchkhela); various types of dried fruits, nuts, and spices; and Georgian cheeses;
- Funicular railway to Mtatsminda Mountain – which offers a beautiful view of Tbilisi;
- Wander in Sololaki – a neighborhood full of art nouveau houses.
For those who are interested in culture, we suggest visiting the State Opera House of Georgia to enjoy a ballet or opera performance (opera.ge). You can find out what other cultural events are on in Tbilisi, and book tickets, at tkt.ge.
Driving distance: 370 km
Driving distance: 50 km
Driving distance: 260 km
Driving distance: 290 km
Driving distance: 80 km
- All transfers;
- Accommodation based on double/twin room sharing, breakfasts included;
- Sightseeing tour program in each country with local English-speaking guides;
- Entrance tickets to sights as per itinerary;
- Dinners in Baku (day 1), Tbilisi (day 7), Yerevan (day 15);
- Two wine tastings (at Khareba (Georgia) and Areni (Armenia) wine factories);
- E-visa to Azerbaijan.
- Full board (lunches and dinners);
- Hotel charges for additional services;
- Personal travel insurance;
- International flight tickets before and after the tour.
|Baku - 3 nights|
|Park Inn, Intourist|
|Sheki - 1 night|
|Sheki Saray, Sheki Palace, Marxal|
|Telavi - 1 night|
|Akhasheni Wine Resort|
|Tbilisi - 4 nights|
|River Side, Ibis, Citrus, New Tiflis|
|Gudauri - 1 night|
|Yerevan - 4 nights|
|DoubleTree by Hilton|
|Goris - 1 night|